On the go recharge Moto 360?

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
There is no way to charge the watch with a battery pack? You have to use the charger stand which is powered by a wall plug?

Are there other portable wireless charger options?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: On the go recharge Moto 360

I think the demand for such a product is only just gaining momentum. So your best bet atm is likely a Qi charger that has a USB connection you can then connect to a portable power source.

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wire...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3886693

I kind of like this setup better than an all-in-one unit since this way you can use any power source you want.

EDIT: On second thought can't you just use a different cord on the stock charger or is it hardwired?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I think the demand for such a product is only just gaining momentum. So your best bet atm is likely a Qi charger that has a USB connection you can then connect to a portable power source.

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wire...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3886832

I kind of like this setup better than an all-in-one unit since this way you can use any power source you want.

EDIT: On second thought can't you just use a different cord on the stock charger or is it hardwired?

The charger is not hardwired, it is connected by a USB I believe but I have to double check, but PROPS on this item, I will be getting this

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It is micro usb on the end that connects to the cradle and hard wired 2 prong on the other end. Just plug your car charger into the cradle.

Or get a second Qi charger. That'd what I did.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

The charger is a Qi dock, with a standard Micro-USB (whichever the smaller one is that is currently used, always get that and mini confused) connection in the back. The charger that plugs into it is hardwired to a wall outlet plug, but the Qi charger itself is not hard wired, it will take any mini USB cable.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
In theory you could connect a battery pack to the qi charger. But would a battery pack with 2.1A output be enough to charge the watch?

TKDnerd05

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, yes. I have a TYLT battery pack that I got 2-3 years ago, that has a built in micro usb. I connected it straight to the dock and gave it a full charge. I had to revert to this because my complex went black after a gnarly storm.

Posted from my Nexus 5

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm just going to buy a second moto charger once accesories are being sold. Until then, im bringing the little charging holder with me. I keep usb cables in the car for my other gadgets

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wire...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3918875

RAVPower has a good reputation, and $35 is a reasonable price. Two reviewers on Amazon have confirmed this charges their Moto 360. I have it on my wish list as a possible purchase, although I can probably get by with just taking the dock off my bed stand and a USB cable for trips.

I like the price, but the price also scares me away. It may work perfectly well, but there's a point where cost cutting results in poor performance, and potentially damaged electronics. If you do get this, I hope you post your experience with it.

Just don't ever admit to Motorola that you have used a 3rd party charger. They claim any other charger can cause damage and is likely going to blame it for any problem you have.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/100824/p/2815,9141

With my suggested solution you will not have to worry about it.
Exactly so. "No Motorola technical support, I have never used a charging device other than the one that came with my Moto 360."

QiStone+ The First Completely Wireless Power Bank with Qi+ 4000mAh for All Qi Compatible Devices Including Samsung Galaxy S5 SV, Nexus 4, 5, 7, Moto 360 and other Phones with Receivers & iPhone with iQi Mobile https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KOOE5S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3918875

Posted via Android Central App
Very nice, but pricey. Personally, I'd consider the originally recommended RAVPower over this one for half the price. Still, this is a nice unit and has the advantage of being both (optionally) wireless, and actually stating that is supports the Moto 360.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91