[RECOVERY][KITKAT][4.4.x][OS2SD/INTERNAL][VERY EXPERIMENTAL][f2fs]TWRP2.8.0.0

BradN2

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY][KITKAT][4.4.x][OS2SD/INTERNAL][VERY EXPERIMENTAL]TWRP2.7.1.0

I was encountering some weirdness today with "Restore" in the recovery. It seems related to recovery folders being named in ways it doesn't expect. I had manually renamed some backup folders to keep better track of which was which, and I guess it didn't like that much. Clicking on "Restore" instantly killed the recovery app and it reloads itself in a couple seconds.

Deleting/moving the backup folders it was unhappy with was enough to make it run. The built in file manager had no problem viewing/manipulating them. What was weird though is it got upset with a backup I made with the factory boot loaded in too, which did end up named without the thunderc or whatever suffix it had. Moved that folder out and it was satisfied.

It was a little frustrating to deal with on the spot while trying to set up for phone activation though, but I think I know now what does it (roughly).

It would be interesting to see it confirmed by other testing. I didn't have time and don't have the phone now.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I was encountering some weirdness today with "Restore" in the recovery. It seems related to recovery folders being named in ways it doesn't expect. I had manually renamed some backup folders to keep better track of which was which, and I guess it didn't like that much. Clicking on "Restore" instantly killed the recovery app and it reloads itself in a couple seconds.

Deleting/moving the backup folders it was unhappy with was enough to make it run. The built in file manager had no problem viewing/manipulating them. What was weird though is it got upset with a backup I made with the factory boot loaded in too, which did end up named without the thunderc or whatever suffix it had. Moved that folder out and it was satisfied.

It was a little frustrating to deal with on the spot while trying to set up for phone activation though, but I think I know now what does it (roughly).

It would be interesting to see it confirmed by other testing. I didn't have time and don't have the phone now.
Dunno, twrp is a little odd.
There is a rename backup function in the recovery, in restore, after you select a backup. Above the swiper and md5 checkbox.
which should avoid that issue for you.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I have finally finagled together a dual-mode TWRP to use for both Internal and OS2SD installs.

It tells you which version is running in the title bar.

It has a button under Advanced to switch modes.

The partitioner is different for each mode. It offers sd-ext and swap in Internal mode, and system, swap, and data in OS2SD mode.

I am finishing tweaking and testing now, soon I will upload for you.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the twrp-multi is now uploaded for your testing pleasure.
as well as a new os2sd build to try it with.
report glitches etc.

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

the twrp-multi is now uploaded for your testing pleasure.
as well as a new os2sd build to try it with.
report glitches etc.

When upgrading to multi twrp I get an updater-binary error. Can you fix this, please?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

When upgrading to multi twrp I get an updater-binary error. Can you fix this, please?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
try flashing the internal tls version first, then reboot recovery and flash the multi.
the update-binary is in there with the tls copmpatibility like everything else that gets built since androidarmv6 changed that in the kernel and board files.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

it is a very good idea to push the md5sum file along with flashable zips to the sdcard for twrp as a safety.
I just had a bad adb transfer of a rom to the card, and the md5 check failed until I pushed the zip again.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

omnirom pushed some updates to twrp.

multi_v2 uploaded.
also TWRP2.7.1.0_multi_v2_old_update_binary version to test with pre-TLS recovery if you still have one.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Got error status 0 in flashing the TWRP. Have the newest bigsquid rom, a bunch of the various fixes (sprint, zvj) loaded, have the MD5 and the zip in the root file of the SD Card. Any help? Opti S

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Got error status 0 in flashing the TWRP. Have the newest bigsquid rom, a bunch of the various fixes (sprint, zvj) loaded, have the MD5 and the zip in the root file of the SD Card. Any help? Opti S

Flash internal TLS first then flash multi.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

newer version uploaded with a bugfix and compatible older update-binary.

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a twrp 2.8 issue. When partitioning in advanced options, when it gets up to creating data partition the phone goes black. Can you fix this, please?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a twrp 2.8 issue. When partitioning in advanced options, when it gets up to creating data partition the phone goes black. Can you fix this, please?
the screen timeout is blacking it out.
wait patiently, when it's done with making the partitions it'll come back on again.
That happened in the original release... I'll put the note about it back up in the OP.

BradN2

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Can you just disable the screen timeout if it doesn't work correctly?

Side note, I'm back with Optimus S's - got 4 of them for $5 a piece on ebay - going to use them as TV remote controls with a logitech harmony link box. Charter communications is turning into a bunch of bastards and disabled plain digital TV streams for the basic channels - so now you need a box for each TV. Or, with coax already run through the house, one box per channel you care to watch at a time and a way to operate the box from any room of interest...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Can you just disable the screen timeout if it doesn't work correctly?

Side note, I'm back with Optimus S's - got 4 of them for $5 a piece on ebay - going to use them as TV remote controls with a logitech harmony link box. Charter communications is turning into a bunch of bastards and disabled plain digital TV streams for the basic channels - so now you need a box for each TV. Or, with coax already run through the house, one box per channel you care to watch at a time and a way to operate the box from any room of interest...
timeout works right, the partitioner takes way longer than stock twrp because of the extra partitions.
you can disable it under settings>screen anyway...

BradN2

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Were internal_data and internal_system removed from the latest 2.8.0.0 recovery? It's convenient to be able to manipulate those partitions to load a factory rom for activation.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Were internal_data and internal_system removed from the latest 2.8.0.0 recovery? It's convenient to be able to manipulate those partitions to load a factory rom for activation.

those are in techvendetta's twrp but not mine.
like Casey said, you can use internal mode....
except that since July with the system/data swap in kernel you have to use an older twrp build to deal with anything based on the stock mtd partition layout.

that's anything internal before my last internal release.
my old internal versions, mirage, stock, etc...
since i haven't gotten the size down enough to throw another out there yet... the internal mode in the latest twrps isn't very useful.
I'm slowly trying to figure out how to patch in another switch to handle older internal roms.

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
After switching back to backside for a while, I decided to come back and try the internal build.

The rom flashed, but gave in error that /data and /system failed to read or something.
They also wouldnt mount. I'm pretty sure its because I wiped them..

Other recoveries operate normally and access them without issue. Im sure im missing something obcious....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov