Why did you choose to own a Android device?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
On the iPhone 5 and 5s' that I've had this year and last the speakerphone was great. I can't really imagine it'd be worse on the 6 or 6+. I haven't noticed whether or not my S5 or Note 3's speakerphones are better.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My wife and many like her couldn't possibly care less about what processor in her phone. She only cares about the experience she's having and if that good experience is provided by a little hamster running in a wheel her and many others couldn't possibly care less. What CPU and GPU our phones have is of interest to enthusiasts and geeks...and it is my opinion that they do not make up the majority of smartphone users.
Oh I see.. And this makes what I said any less untrue?

The technology is what drives the market and while some people could care less about what is on the inside, the fact remains that the majority do. Having the latest features so the experience is better is the thing behind it all, regardless wither the person realizes how it works.

People can see the differences, and can hear the differences and this makes or breaks those experiences.

People are becoming more informed about this technology, from those who just use the devices to those who sell them, and just because someone doesn't want to understand, doesn't mean that the rest of the world remains in the dark about it.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh I see.. And this makes what I said any less untrue?

The technology is what drives the market and while some people could care less about what is on the inside, the fact remains that the majority do. Having the latest features so the experience is better is the thing behind it all, regardless wither the person realizes how it works.

People can see the differences, and can hear the differences and this makes or breaks those experiences.

Absolutely. Because you care about specs doesn't denote that most others do. ...or don't. That is the only point you made that I'm addressing. Unless you've done or have access to global market studies that show otherwise. Ask the majority of folks what their phone's specs are. If they care as much as you suggest they'd know...right? Further, and this isn't aimed directly at you. Try not to be tied up with being 'right' about this subject matter. It's just not important when compared with anything else going on...well...anywhere. Many here seem to feel the need to passionately defend what is, at best, trivial. We're talking phone features and specs.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely. Because you care about specs doesn't denote that most others do. ...or don't. That is the only point you made that I'm addressing. Unless you've done or have access to global market studies that show otherwise. Ask the majority of folks what their phone's specs are. If they care as much as you suggest they'd know...right? Further, and this isn't aimed directly at you. Try not to be tied up with being 'right' about this subject matter. It's just not important when compared with anything else going on...well...anywhere. Many here seem to feel the need to passionately defend what is, at best, trivial. We're talking phone features and specs.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱
And you have still not shown where I am wrong in my opinion on the matter. Furthermore , since you elected to quote my post to point out that I am wrong in my assessment, it's only fitting that you show me something viable to consider on your point of view. So far your examples are not a compelling reason to do so.

Do I need my own a worldwide market study to actually see what is readily available to anyone the least interested in the subject to understand this? I think not.

People are drawn to the advantages of these devices by the media, friends and family members and their own personal needs and interaction with them . Along the way they become more informed.

I am not saying that there aren't folks who remain blissfully ignorant, but I am saying that people are becoming more informed and as a result of this technology is driving the marketplace and since Android phones hold the majority of phones sold worldwide the really exciting things are happening with them.

Feel free to show me where I am wrong with this if you want to, but please do so in a realistic manner

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
And you have still not shown where I am wrong in my opinion on the matter. Furthermore , since you elected to quote my post to point out that I am wrong in my assessment, it's only fitting that you show me something viable to consider on your point of view. So far your examples are not a compelling reason to do so.

Do I need my own a worldwide market study to actually see what is readily available to anyone the least interested in the subject to understand this? I think not.

People are drawn to the advantages of these devices by the media, friends and family members and their own personal needs and interaction with them . Along the way they become more informed.

I am not saying that there aren't folks who remain blissfully ignorant, but I am saying that people are becoming more informed and as a result of this technology is driving the marketplace and since Android phones hold the majority of phones sold worldwide the really exciting things are happening with them.

Feel free to show me where I am wrong with this if you want to, but please do so in a realistic manner

I'm not going to try to prove you wrong. Doing so would lend more importance to the subject than I feel is warranted. You are therefore correct. Most folks feel their phone's specs are truly important. My wife, daughter, friends, boss, and those like them are in the vast minority. Thanks for helping me see that?

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to try to prove you wrong. Doing so would lend more importance to the subject than I feel is warranted. You are therefore correct. Most folks feel their phone's specs are truly important. My wife, daughter, friends, boss, and those like them are in the vast minority. Thanks for helping me see that?

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱
That's too bad. I will say this... The world is a big place, but technology is making it smaller every day.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

The A8 in the iPhone 6 is comparable to the S805 in case you didn't know in you disgusting Android bias.

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The A8 in the iPhone 6 is comparable to the S805 in case you didn't know in you disgusting Android bias.

I know full well about the a8 processor and if you would have read back some you would have seen this.

Yes I do have a bias against any of the platforms that hamstrings the best thing going for their devices.

Am I pro Android, yes I am and will be until there is enough to be excited about on the competing platforms.

So instead of discussing this like an adult you resort to blatant name calling... That's a real shame.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I know full well about the a8 processor and if you would have read back some you would have seen this.

Yes I do have a bias against any of the platforms that hamstrings the best thing going for their devices.

Am I pro Android, yes I am and will be until there is enough to be excited about on the competing platforms.

So instead of discussing this like an adult you resort to blatant name calling... That's a real shame.

OK. Let's talk and see if anything comes out of this discussion.

For everything the day to say consumer does the iPhone can and will so it well, correct?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
OK. Let's talk and see if anything comes out of this discussion.

For everything the day to say consumer does the iPhone can and will so it well, correct?

That depends on the individual . It suits many day to day users for sure, but many people find it to restricted.

I have found all iphones to not give the best reception as compared to different phones on the competing platforms in my area. Not just carrier specific but in the phones capabilities.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That depends on the individual . It suits many day to day users for sure, but many people find it to restricted.

I have found all iphones to not give the best reception as compared to different phones on the competing platforms in my area. Not just carrier specific but in the phones capabilities.

Right. OK, this is true.

My Nexus 4 does have better call quality than my iPhone but I don't think the reception is better. Of course, I hear the M8 has amazing reception and so does the iPhone 6. I know this because were my Dads old iPhone 5 couldn't get LTE signal, the 6 manages to grab it. That's just been my experience.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My question is this. What competing PHONE is outselling the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+? My hat is off to that competing PHONE because the iPhones are indeed compelling for a multitude of reasons. I prefer Android but appreciate what the iPhone offers, a simple, refined, CONSISTENT, experience with features that, more often than not, are almost telepathically simple to use. Sure. I'd rather have a Note 3 or Note 4 because I appreciate their features and can tolerate their challenges. ...as with my S5. However, if just having a great phone that was simple to use was my priority I'd likely still be sporting some flavor of iPhone. With android you HAVE to study to get the best experience. What is better? What hardware? What UI? Stock? TouchWiz? Sense? Nova? Nova Prime? Apex? Go Launcher? Whatever that is that LG offers? Once you pick those and committ to them then you can muck around and tweak and molest it to your heart's content. I appreciate and respect that a lot of folks just don't want to be bothered with all that. They just want easily accessible features on nice hardware...without having to be an expert or enthusiast on such the commodity that is a smartphone nowadays.

For us, here, everything I just noted is a wonderful feature of android but we're in the minority like it or not. Others pick android because it can be had on the real cheap. I believe THAT is why, really, it has the market share it enjoys...not because it's inherently better than iOS/iPhone.

Opinions. Like an a**, everybody has one.

Last edited:

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Specs are meaningless to all but those whom they are important (ie those chasing a bargain or those whom are genuine power users) . Ask most BMW owners how many cylinders their engine has and the answer will mostly be "dunno"

All that is important for the Iphone is that its good enough at what it does and doesn't have any inherent week spots.

Sometimes i despair at android and its manufacturers,

Samsung: junk software and junk features
HTC: Oddball specs (4mp camera?)
Motorola: Crappy cameras

And all of them with many different and differing variations of skin on Android.

I am no apple fan but its easy to see why lots of people are.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Specs are meaningless to all but those whom they are important (ie those chasing a bargain or those whom are genuine power users) . Ask most BMW owners how many cylinders their engine has and the answer will mostly be "dunno"

All that is important for the Iphone is that its good enough at what it does and doesn't have any inherent week spots.

Sometimes i despair at android and its manufacturers,

Samsung: junk software and junk features
HTC: Oddball specs (4mp camera?)
Motorola: Crappy cameras

And all of them with many different and differing variations of skin on Android.

I am no apple fan but its easy to see why lots of people are.

Sorry... You're insulting the intelligence of the majority of BMW owners and that is flat out wrong. There may be some who don't have a clue just like many brain dead people who don't have a clue what is inside their iPhone but the vast majority of Beemer owners are car enthusiasts and know more about their vehicles than most typical drivers.

As to your other things about Samsungs software, millions of people love it and in regards to HTC people either hate the camera or except it's limitations. Believe it or not most didn't buy it because of the camera but for the other great features it has. Myself included in the latter group. Not all demand the best camera phone available. Those who do, search out which one gives the best performance. Which brings us back to what I said earlier, people are becoming more knowledgeable about these phones.

People are using Google search more and more every day. They are wanting the best bang for their hard-earned cash and choosing the best phone for their needs.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry... You're insulting the intelligence of the majority of BMW owners and that is flat out wrong. There may be some who don't have a clue just like many brain dead people who don't have a clue what is inside their iPhone but the vast majority of Beemer owners are car enthusiasts and know more about their vehicles than most typical drivers.

As to your other things about Samsungs software, millions of people love it and in regards to HTC people either hate the camera or except it's limitations. Believe it or not most didn't buy it because of the camera but for the other great features it has. Myself included in the latter group. Not all demand the best camera phone available. Those who do, search out which one gives the best performance. Which brings us back to what I said earlier, people are becoming more knowledgeable about these phones.

People are using Google search more and more every day. They are wanting the best bang for their hard-earned cash and choosing the best phone for their needs.

Are you calling iPhone users dumb?

For many people the iPhone is the best phone for many peoples needs.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
OK this is a android forum... Why do people who have Idevices prowl on the Android forums..?! And add their 2 cents to the convo? Go find a apple forum already!!! Oh wait... They don't exist. Maybe Pinstack they tolerate all the other devices! Lol

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
OK this is a android forum... Why do people who have Idevices prowl on the Android forums..?! And add their 2 cents to the convo? Go find a apple forum already!!! Oh wait... They don't exist. Maybe Pinstack they tolerate all the other devices! Lol

Because perhaps I also have Android devices? Not all iDevice users are blind users that don't know about alternatives...

Also there are a lot of Apple forums man....a lot.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Because perhaps I also have Android devices? Not all iDevice users are blind users that don't know about alternatives...

Also there are a lot of Apple forums man....a lot.

The way you carrying on... I have owned and use apple products I had and still own iphones iPod ipad MacBook.... But nothing compares to Android... The iPhone ease of use is one reason you most people stuck with Tht device... In the beginning android had to many features an I was afraid to mess with the software... Once I changed I would never go back... Both platforms have their good and bad points... But I would not go on forums an bash people for their choices... To each his own... This site is definitely for Android lovers not people who r on the fence...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07