Are any of you dropping your Vibrant for the new G2??

Danow11

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Its funny I recently came to androids from bb's. I love my vibrant but I have until sat to return it if I wanted to trade for the G2. Decisions decisions.......

RevMen

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I just got Vibrants a few days ago using the in-store buy-one-get-one. I would have preferred a G2, but the price was right.

Do you think it's possible to trade in my Vibrant for a G2?

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I just got Vibrants a few days ago using the in-store buy-one-get-one. I would have preferred a G2, but the price was right.

I think that may be possible... Someone may buy the G2 and not be happy with it... Or try selling it...

vamp6x6x6x

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

To the store directly no because of their no trade ins thing, but if you find someone willing to trade you(friend, ebay, craglist, etc. then you can do it that way.

And as far as dropping Vibrant for G2 probably not. I mean don't get me wrong the G2 may be newer and whatnot, but my personal opinion is that if Froyo ever gets put on the vibrant and does what it is suppose to and samsung does an update to fix stuff the Vibrant would be a better phone by far(even without the flash.)

vamp6x6x6x

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
please explain why ?
i have both as well as a HD2 and a nexus one.
why do you think the Vibrant will be a better phone??

So many reasons:

1. The vibrant has a Super Almod type screen.
  2. The screen is a bit bigger and seamingly more"vibrant" for lack of a better term.
  3. The Vibrant has 16GBs
  4. The Vibrant has 1ghz hummingbird processor.
  5. To me the phones design seems a lot cooler to me.

Granted the the specs aren't too far apart but just enough to make a little difference. In the end I guess it comes down to personal preference.

sandplasma

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my Nexus from my motorcycle at 70mph..so I had to get a new phone. It was between a used Nexus, Vibrant, or G2. The G2 seemed a bit bulky to me and I dont care for the keyboard much.

The Nexus would have been good but its nearing its end of cycle..and there are many better phones out there. The Vibrant seemed like the logical choice..the screen is bigger, brighter, and has a better graphics processor than the Nexus. The only complaint I have about the Vibrant is that it feels somewhat cheap because of its light weight.

Does anyone make heavy aluminium cases for the phone? At least the battery cover? I'd buy one.

Lou

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
This is my first Android. I can't see myself getting another phone for a while. I love it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I dropped the vibrant due to gps and lag issues. Don't get me wrong the vibrant is fast. Its just the software is too buggy for a high end product. The screen is amazing and competes toe to toe with apples retina display but the g2 beats the vibrant hands down on stock froyo, keyboard, led flash, and gps that works flawlessly. Might I add good battery life for a smartphone. The vibrant will suck away juice pretty quickly due to its display. The g2 manages battery life well and I am happy with the switch.

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
I dropped the Vibrant due to mostly TouchWiz bugs, some Swype quirks that became production issues, and Samsung's complete lack of interest in actually answering questions (except through a few Twitter accounts).

Going to the G2 I will VERY VERY MUCH miss the Vibrant's:

- Screen size
- Weight
- Speaker quality

But the G2 has immediately blown me out of the water with performance, battery life, not as much cruft (so fewer out-of-box bugs), and of course Froyo helps a bunch to be sure. -Pk

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm also happy with my Vibrant, the G2 looks very impressive but I'm the type that doesn't like moving parts on my phone lol. I had 2 sliders and once something feels loose it just gets annoying... Havent had any problems except for a occasional picture gallery freeze here and there but i love this phone!

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
id drop my vibrant for a nexus if it means i get 2.3 and all that jazz.

but im pretty happy with my vibrant all together.

bno762

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll get the nexus s or 2. I love my.vibrant but it seems like the n/s or 2 whatever they decide to call it will be basically the vibrant with more everything. So really my question is why woudnt you swap other than upgrade time or $..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110