Smart lock trusted places not working anymore

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
mine has started working as well. At first i wasn't sure if it was the on body detection causing me to think it was. but today my play services got updated and it works fine. still can't get work to show up automatically but it works when i add it in manually.

What version are you on now?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jerry Buxton

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I live on a 5 acre lot. Google maps pins my address as the middle of that lot, but the house is really at one end of the lot. So my actual location while at "home" is often far enough away from the pin that it thinks I'm not "home".

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I live on a 5 acre lot. Google maps pins my address as the middle of that lot, but the house is really at one end of the lot. So my actual location while at "home" is often far enough away from the pin that it thinks I'm not "home".

Yeah you will need to just manually add your location at home. I have to do similar at work as it marks the address at the other side of our warehouse while im in the office.

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had Smart Lock issues with my Trusted Home location issue for a few weeks on my Moto X2 and tried various things to fix it with no luck.
This evening I realised that Google Now Reminders set to location "Home" as the trigger were also not working. After some head scratching I tried editing my Home location within Maps.
Although I wound up with exactly the same address entered under "Home" afterwards within 10 minutes I had my reminders come through and
(at least for the moment) my Trusted Location is working correctly again.

*EDIT*
Meant to add for those who note that their Home location is inaccurate in Google Maps - you can submit a correction to Google (https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/1096110?hl=en) I corrected my home address (which was a couple of houses off) when I started using Moto's Assist feature to trigger Tasker profiles when I got home. Corrections generally get reviewed pretty quickly.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Got .99. Still no Work location from Google Maps. Still no toggles. Doubt it works. Leaving all 10 additional locations around Home and Work for now.

ACADM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately so many places are not accurate on G Maps, the good news is that it is pretty easy to report the problems to Google and they usually fix it in a few days. I had to do this with my home address as it was saying I was a few doors down the road; if only it was just as easy on Tom Tom, and Garmin.

Posted via Android Central App

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately so many places are not accurate on G Maps, the good news is that it is pretty easy to report the problems to Google and they usually fix it in a few days. I had to do this with my home address as it was saying I was a few doors down the road; if only it was just as easy on Tom Tom, and Garmin.

That's not the problem nor is it related to this thread in any way whatsoever.

Oluseun Ogunlegan

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The only thing that I was able to find that allowed trusted places to work on my N6 was manually adding another location, with the same address for my home. Technically, it's working but that's some BS that someone would even have to go through all of this nonsense in the first place.

Has anyone been able to definitively determine what the cause is?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So, my "home" trusted location does appear to be working. I have not had to add locations around my home location in order to get it to work. I still do not see my office location. I am on Google play services 7.0.99.

If one thing is certain, it's that the service is pretty inconsistent.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say, I'm glad it locks too often as oppose to not enough. Some days it's perfect, some days it locks when I'm on my deck.

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I must have just had an updated Play Services pushed to me (how do you tell when it arrives?). Now on 7.0.97 and yesterday Trusted Places stopped working at Home. Haven't tried Work yet as it's the weekend.

Dawww... Google broke my favourite Lollipop feature... :(

It's very frustrating using the phone like this, I'm going to turn screen lock off. Thanks for forcing me to make my phone less secure, Google.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
After a few more days of tinkering, uninstalling this, clearing that etc, this still isn't working for me on GP Services 7.0.99. It's just one of a few annoying quirks my phone has developed now.

-Trusted Places not working
-Phone not showing in Device Manager
-WiFi passwords no longer syncing
-Android Wear sometimes won't connect
-Still waiting on 5.1 LOL

Is it also normal not to be able to uninstall updates for Google Play Services? That and the Force Stop buttons are grayed out for me

Makes me wonder if I just need to reset the thing, which really annoys me. I haven't rooted or done anything remotely daring with this phone.

AC App
Nexus 6

Grudkin

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Here is what worked for me on my N6 and N9.

Turn off smart unlock on your home and work and remove any other addresses.

under security in the advanced section choose trusted agents
Turn off smart unlock
back out (might not be necessary)
go back in and turn it on

Now add back in your addresses.

Hope this helps.

Worked for me on nexus 7 2012.☺

Google Nerd

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks for your help. After trying everything that was suggested, I still didn't have any success. Here's what finally did it for me. It's slightly different. I went to Google Maps and had it find my location. While the pin was in the right location, the address that it gave was one that does not exist. On Smart lock, I manually entered it as my home address anyway. Let's call this Home1. I then selected the add another trusted place tab. Smart lock found my correct location and provided my correct home address. I selected that as an additional trusted place. For sake of clarity, let's call this location Home2. I then went back to the Home1 and turned it off as a trusted place. This left Home2 as the only active trusted place. It has been working like a charm for the last half hour. I still have not left my home to see if it works upon my return. I'll post an update as soon as I do. Smart lock was the feature I was looking forward to the most in Lollipop and it was frustrating not to have it work at all. I hope this helps.

ACADM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks for your help. After trying everything that was suggested, I still didn't have any success. Here's what finally did it for me. It's slightly different. I went to Google Maps and had it find my location. While the pin was in the right location, the address that it gave was one that does not exist. On Smart lock, I manually entered it as my home address anyway. Let's call this Home1. I then selected the add another trusted place tab. Smart lock found my correct location and provided my correct home address. I selected that as an additional trusted place. For sake of clarity, let's call this location Home2. I then went back to the Home1 and turned it off as a trusted place. This left Home2 as the only active trusted place. It has been working like a charm for the last half hour. I still have not left my home to see if it works upon my return. I'll post an update as soon as I do. Smart lock was the feature I was looking forward to the most in Lollipop and it was frustrating not to have it work at all. I hope this helps.

Have you not left your house yet? I'd be interested to see if it still works, even after a phone reboot.

Google Nerd

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Short answer is yes. Long answer is that after I got smart lock to work, I encrypted my phone. This created all kinds of issues, particularly being locked out of smart lock (pun intended) with a message that said it was disabled by administrator. Fortunately, another forum provided some guidance on the issue. Here was I did that finally worked. After encrypting, go to General in the Settings, from there go to Device Administrators and deselect Android Device Manager as an administrator. Next go to Applications and select Application Manager. Find Google Play Services and uninstall updates, then disable it. (I had version 7.0.99 when I started this.) Reboot your device. Enable Google Play Services. You will have to go through resetting up your phone with Google. You should receive a message stating that you need to update Google Play Services. Update it. If you don't receive a message to update it, manually do so. Next go to smart lock and set it up as I described in my previous message. Once smart lock is working properly, then go back and select Android Device Manager as an administrator. Do not do this until the very last step. It took me a long time to figure this out. I have since set up smart lock with my car's blue tooth as a trusted device and left my home and returned. All is working as it should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky