Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

Jeyps Pelingo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
1. Factory Reset the phone.
2. Once restored, go to google play and try to download again the app
note: it will ask you if you want to backup your data/app from google server,
make sure you remove the check. Then proceed installing.

It works all the time.
Let me know if it works. thanks.

SanjoyDas

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I want to reinstall skype in my samsung galaxy tab 7.7, but each time I go to google play store to install the skype.....error code application installation "-24" appear. Please help me?!

-24 error occurs sometimes during installation of apps. The possible reason is google play store already having some data about this particaular app which you want to install. Go to settings -> apps-> Google play store and push "clear data" button. Then try installing app. It worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cici Guillen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
This says it will delete all my data? Wouldn't want to do that

I just thought about this awhile ago and this solution worked out for me. You should try it yourself.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4

Go to Application Manager>All>Contacts Storage. Press clear data.

Hope it works for you.

I uninstalled both my gmail accounts and restarted my phone. Installed just one Gmail back and fb was able to reinstall on my phone. Thanks to whoever said do this. I'm afraid to install my other Gmail account. I'll just have to & see what happens. Thanks again.

********Can't add fb back -24 error. I tried what most people suggested but can't find the right one.

Ugh! FB is still not working. I can't access it at all. It kicks me off

I

uninstalled both my gmail accounts and restarted my phone. Installed just one Gmail back and fb was able to reinstall on my phone. Thanks to whoever said do this. I'm afraid to install my other Gmail account. I'll just have to & see what happens. Thanks again.

********Can't add fb back -24 error. I tried what most people suggested but can't find the right one.

This did not work for me. I have a Galaxy Note 3

-24 error occurs sometimes during installation of apps. The possible reason is google play store already having some data about this particaular app which you want to install. Go to settings -> apps-> Google play store and push "clear data" button. Then try installing app. It worked for me.

Definitely cannot risk a factory reset

Last edited by a moderator:

yendrrek

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Root Toolbox worked for me. It will show all the folders you would not be able to see otherwise. Obviously you need to root your phone. Just find a folder with the name of the app and delete it. I could not install Adobe Reader because of the error "-24" and it happened straight after factory reset. I was installing a lot off apps "at once" , so may that caused the problem. Anyway, works now.

raha78

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I just thought about this awhile ago and this solution worked out for me. You should try it yourself.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4

Go to Application Manager>All>Contacts Storage. Press clear data.

Hope it works for you.

I did this on my mother's galaxy s3 and it has now messed up her contacts. All of the names are missing. Is there a fix for that?

Debi Jackson

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
one day Netflix was there. The next it wasn't. Tried to reinstall it and it just keeps giving me the "unknown error 24". Its very frustrating. I don't want to reset my phone to factory because I will lose all my photos and contacts. Again. Can you help?

thebanksman

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I get Unknown Error 24 when installing Facebook messenger on my S4 4.4.2. I've tried locating the folder in Data/data but the only folder in there is called com.sec.android.app.FileShareServer and the files inside don't seem to relate to any of my apps - there only a couple of files and they contain data like my personalised name of my phone (John's S4).

I've also tried deleting my Google play cache and data.

I've tried looking into rooting and Towelroot doesn't support my phone. I'm not keen to root manually as I don't want to ruin the phone.

Are there any suggestions on how I can fix it, please? I've tried several of the suggestions on this thread short of rooting my phone as I'm a bit nervous about doing that (I thought the towelroot route would be OK, but like I say above, my phone isn't supported by it) Much appreciated.

Regards,

John

miracleee

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I just tried settings- apps- download manager - clear data.
I guess clearing data from download manager instead of google play may helps.
I'm also facing this problem with note2 4.4.2,but this really helped! Although the chat histories disappeared after i re-installed,but im glad that the group chats are still remained.
Hope this could help.

Shanible

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am rooted and couldn't find any reference to my problem app in the data folders, just like you guys. I went on the desktop version of the play store and grabbed the package name of the app (it's in the url). Then I opened adb and input:

adb shell rm -R -f /data/data/<packagename>

Now I can reinstall the app without the error! I hope this helps others, as I wasn't about to restore my phone.

AllGamer

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
adb shell rm -R -f /data/data/<packagename>

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some one that knows the real solution

However my experience was a little bit different, doing it from the ADB shell, it gives me an error about no access to /data/data

but I was able to open it just fine with ES Explorer in Root mode, and delete the broken package that was in /data/data/"bad package name"

Shanible

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've done this on another Android and the adb shell gave some errors as well. On that device, I simply removed "adb shell" from the command and used terminal emulator without issue.

vivaldibow

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am having this problem with my HTC ONE M7, unrooted. I've tried all the "solutions" that I could find on the internet including in this thread and that applied to the unrooted device, but none of them work. It looks like I have to root my phone. But I learned in order to root, I need to unlock to bootloader first, which will erase all the data. If this is true, I think I might just go with a factory reset without going through the unlock bootloader/root hassle. Anyone can give me some suggestions? Thank you very much!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred