Selective Restore to new phone

6thCoffeeOfTheDay

Feb 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, new here so go easy please!

Recently my venerable OnePlus3T suddenly decided to stop working properly (Launcher wiped all my icons from the backdrop, I can’t add new ones, home/app list softkeys have stopped working, and I can no longer download new apps from the Play store!). Decided to retire it, so I ordered a Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC.

I’ve just done a restore to the new phone and irritatingly it seems to have restored the total lack of any icons on the backdrop (but bizarrely it hasn’t restored my wallpaper!). Is there any way of restoring selectively? It gives me the option of “restoring settings” but I get the feeling I would want most of those including Wifi passwords, etc.

Failing that, is there any way of restoring the icon groups that would come originally with my Poco X3?

I can take a separate backup of my OP3T but only with the apps that are installed as it won’t let me install anything else!! (Just says “pending”!)

Can anybody make a few suggestions? Upgrade always seems so much hassle on Android, probably why I’ve had my OP3T for 5 years!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to the forums. Did it offer to copy your settings from the old phone to the new one when you were setting up the Poco phone? The only way I can think of restoring the icons exactly as they were would be to factory reset again. Otherwise you should be able to drag icons from the app drawer to the homescreen so you can put them where you want them.

Have I understood you correctly? If not please let me know more.