From OnLeaks, Get Excited

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
That's ludicrous. The majority of nexus owners are not developers. We love nexus because of faster and more frequent updates and snappier performance.

And yes nexus has a hardcore fan base, one Google shows very little interest in respecting given its terrible track record of product launches, consistently poor cameras, and until the nexus 6, bad battery life.

manimsoblack

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that the Huawei Nexus 6 will use their own chip from HiSilicon instead of Qualcomm's Snapdragon?

If it's "just" the Snapdragon 810, then I'll pass, and hold out for the 820 coming out next summer, which will translate to a late September 2016 Nexus device.

I'd probably hold out a few months if it was a Huawei chip. See how the dev community feels about it.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
That's ludicrous. The majority of nexus owners are not developers. We love nexus because of faster and more frequent updates and snappier performance.

And yes nexus has a hardcore fan base, one Google shows very little interest in respecting given its terrible track record of product launches, consistently poor cameras, and until the nexus 6, bad battery life.

This is very true. The Nexus line originated as a program for developers, but it started offering the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus on contracts to carriers. Then the Nexus 4 came, and it was obvious that Google was trying to get its Nexus phones to satisfy both developers and regular consumers. Now we have a full-fledged campaign for cheaper, unlocked phones and Google was a big part of that becoming popular.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Disagree... there are A LOT of people that are not developers that like a clean Android experience that want these phones.

A LOT is very relative. I would say there are A LOT of people on these forums who like it. The vast majority unfortunately doesn't care.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
OnLeaks had the same image up earlier today (about 4+ hours ago)... now it looks like PhoneArena is using the same image.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Am I allowed to ask, did the iPhone 6S do it for anyone who may have been considering a Nexus?

For me, I thought 3D touch is only good for gamers, but not very useful anywhere else.

I still think I will get the Nexus

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
OnLeaks had the same image up earlier today (about 4+ hours ago)... now it looks like PhoneArena is using the same image.

Wait, did he take it down? Because if he did, then that must certainly be fake. Of course, that won't stop other sites if it brings in traffic

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Am I allowed to ask, did the iPhone 6S do it for anyone who may have been considering a Nexus?

For me, I thought 3D touch is only good for gamers, but not very useful anywhere else.

I still think I will get the Nexus

Actually, the 3D touch looks like it will be pretty well utilized, and be a nice feature. But no, there's nothing there to lure me away from Android.

TheRealCBONE

May 11, 2013
Visit site
3D touch is like booking a transatlantic flight to go to the apartment across the hall. Outside of a handful of contrived, edge-case scenarios, it's not anything that a long-press couldn't do. The new or old Nexus 6 are more intriguing, too bad no one makes good waterproof cases for anything other than Samsung and Apple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya