G4 - Marshmallow update

nismo929

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I've just updated... Battery isn't great but reading on other sites it needs like 3-5 days to settle in. Maybe try disabling greenify for now if you use it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow update

An update did go through last night? That explains why my phone just bricked itself last night. I'm so beyond mad right now. I went to check my phone and it wouldn't turn on...no matter what I did. Anyone have a fix ? I'm taking it to the ATT repair store today. :(
I'm assuming you did but did you try removing and reseating the battery?

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello, is it 'snappier' than 5.1 ? i was thinking about selling it and buy a Moto X Pure, as for the battery, i think it may vary on your usage, on 5.1 i have good stand-by time,but when the screen it's on....bye bye battery, using navigation drains the most of the battery,even using offline maps like Here Maps and Tomtom :)

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Check on the side it gives you the max screen on time

That's not the absolute max SOT you have achieved over a full 100% to 0% battery cycle. The max number represents the max amount of SOT you have achieved between charging the phone, ie you unplugged at 100%, plugged it in when it dropped to 60%, and during that time your SOT was 1h50m.

Basically, the max number is saying you have never had the screen on for more than 1h50m between the charger being unplugged and then plugged in again, regardless of how much battery you had left.

The average number is what GSAM is calculating, based on your use, that your phone would achieve, on average, if you unplugged at 100% and ran the phone to 0%.

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ive had my G4 two days lollipop and im amazed by the battery.I think it runs really smoothly therefore until M imporves their is no way im updating.

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Whats your battery stats on lollipop? After that upgrade to marshmallow and see how it compares
Apologies how would I get stats? Here's today but I'm not sure how I'd get a rundown?
a24f11a027e841a7d2545fde30f2d9f4.jpg

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine is definitely improving as regards battery. Not quite up to what I had on L but more than enough for what I need. Doze seemed to make an appearance too.

Currently running at 30% screen brightness, Bluetooth always on, and GPS at high accuracy.

pbjvpho.jpg

7XlJ2rL.jpg

lQjuUGl.jpg

DgTOrkB.jpg

Last edited:

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Ohhh man this SOT is driving me crazy. It is unbelieveable. Im not even getting 3 hours screen on time. I was getting 4 hrs minimum with lollipop. Marshmallow is a huge step backwards

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I tried it today and the battery died at 2.51hrs. I never got more than 3 hrs on marshmallow. With lollipop it was 4 hrs minimum all the time. This battery problem is very bad. Marshmallow isn't what they said it would be. Hope they update in the future can fix it. If not back to lollipop it is.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried it today and the battery died at 2.51hrs. I never got more than 3 hrs on marshmallow. With lollipop it was 4 hrs minimum all the time. This battery problem is very bad. Marshmallow isn't what they said it would be. Hope they update in the future can fix it. If not back to lollipop it is.

Have you factory resetted your device yet? If you haven't......do it!! If you have.....root and try stock/custom roms (for better OS performance) or just get another device. This is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I guess I'm just confused by what you want out of this phone. When you first got the phone you posted that your SOT was terrible but GSAM showed you were getting about 5h SOT. Now you are saying the update is terrible but GSAM is showing 4h40m SOT with 17 hours up time. But then you post that you are only getting 2.5h but no screen shots so we can see if something might be killing the battery.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen those times on GSam to actually be even close to accurate. Normally 60-70% of GSam figures is reality.