OK, HTC fans....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
key word: problems, which I agree with. I'm not suggesting simply removing the black bar will turn the company around. I also wouldn't say that if they do keep it the M10 won't be successful. I'm simply saying that they've used the design 3 years straight, and people expect a more significant design change this year.

I'm sure you saw @evleaks render from last year. the HTC logo was on the bottom bezel, no black bar, and people on this site were drooling over it. 90% of us, myself included, were disappointed and didn't end up buying it. was that the only reason? of course not. the camera (which IMO is underrated) was also a major issue. the M10 will be about camera quality, aesthetics, software and the features (fingerprint sensor, USB-C, etc) we all expect in 2016. most importantly, like you said, it'll be about marketing.

Personally I'd love to see a nice sized battery (3400+ mAh) with a 5.7" display. I'd also like if they offer a compact version for the people that prefer a smaller screen. Force touch would really get my attention though. I'm hoping either the M10 or S7 has it but we'll see. I have a 6p but need a new work phone, so USB-C will be a strong consideration for me. I'd hate to have to use two different chargers for everything. In fact, I'd get another 6p before I bought a device without it.

The way I see it, it doesn't matter if the people on this site are drooling over it. In order to save HTC, it's up to the masses.

(And my rebuttal if someone brings up that posters on this site can influence the masses enough to be significant, the Nexus would be a top seller and we all know that it's not)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it, it doesn't matter if the people on this site are drooling over it. In order to save HTC, it's up to the masses.

(And my rebuttal if someone brings up that posters on this site can influence the masses enough to be significant, the Nexus would be a top seller and we all know that it's not)

I agree with that, and assume if people on this site were drooling over it, the masses would be too!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The masses wouldn't necessarily be drooling over a supposed HTC leak.

Posted via the Android Central App

dude you've done this before, and I don't mind, but you're just arguing to argue at this point. maybe they won't literally drool, but if we're talking about consumers we're obviously not talking about renders anymore. if that render were to be the actual phone that became available, the average consumer would like it.

if you want to pick specific parts of the argument, instead of the actual point, and nitpick, go right ahead, you win. but the point is simple, HTC needs an aesthetic change, and if they did do something similar to that @evleaks design, the general public would've preferred that and HTC would've sold more phones.

the opposite side of that point (and if you're going to somehow argue that, please include this point too) is that people won't mind seeing the same design 4 years in a row. if you disagree with my previous statement, than your saying that if HTC decided to use the same design for the M10, specifically keeping the black bar, than that won't have an adverse affect on sales.

call me crazy, but I have a hunch we'll see something different than the black bar this year. and if they do keep it, they'll experience the same lackluster sales this year as they did with the m9.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
getbretweir said:
dude you've done this before, and I don't mind, but you're just arguing to argue at this point. maybe they won't literally drool, but if we're talking about consumers we're obviously not talking about renders anymore. if that render were to be the actual phone that became available, the average consumer would like it.

if you want to pick specific parts of the argument, instead of the actual point, and nitpick, go right ahead, you win. but the point is simple, HTC needs an aesthetic change, and if they did do something similar to that @evleaks design, the general public would've preferred that and HTC would've sold more phones.

the opposite side of that point (and if you're going to somehow argue that, please include this point too) is that people won't mind seeing the same design 4 years in a row. if you disagree with my previous statement, than your saying that if HTC decided to use the same design for the M10, specifically keeping the black bar, than that won't have an adverse affect on sales.

call me crazy, but I have a hunch we'll see something different than the black bar this year. and if they do keep it, they'll experience the same lackluster sales this year as they did with the m9.

Overall design can be different while retaining a "black bar". Still, that doesn't matter and you seem like you want it to matter.

I'll always go back to marketing. HTC can design whatever they want. They could put out a phone exactly like the fake leak. It still wouldn't matter without good, relevant marketing.

All I want HTC to do is fix the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Last edited:

SharroPT

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I would say this is HTC's last chance, in the leak I see no mention to SD card expansion if this is true and very sadly for the first time in my life I'll go Samsung S7, storage is a must for me, my M8 128 gb sd card is has just 7GB available.

But I agree with many here, what's really missing at HTC is marketing, it is pitiful the work they did with M7/8 (considering they should have not have even sold the M9).

StilsonCanyon

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Had to go see what the latest leak is, and if it's the post from evleaks that the M10 will share design elements with the A9, then I have mixed feelings about it. My girlfriend has the A9 and it's a very good phone. People blasted it for the small battery, but she has no issue with it. She loves the phone, however she's not a hardcore user. I too find her phone to be very nice - beautiful screen, fingerprint sensor, good lines.

As an owner of an M10, what would I like in the M10? Nail the camera. Coming from the M7 I was excited for the M9's "upgraded" camera and then it kicked me in the balls. It's okay now, but it still does poorly in low-light situations. So much so that I rarely bother to even try to capture unless it's perfect conditions. Fix it!

Fingerprint scanner - yes, I'd like one.

4GB ram - seems that all the flagships are going there.

5.7" screen variant - I use my phone for gaming, browsing and email, primarily. Sure 5" is easier to use one-handed, but I want a larger screen.

I'm sure the 820 will be great, as the 810 in my M9 is a beast. After upgrading to MM, my AnTuTu 6.0.1 benchmark was nearly 99,000.

Boomsound! It's awesome. I downloaded The Room 3 the other day and playing it on my phone is a joy - the sound is so good.

MicroSD? Yes. I have a 64GB card in my M9 and I hope it can be moved to the M10.

Marketing - this is where HTC falls flat. They need to replace their marketing team, as the HTC commercials simply lack the appeal that Samsung and Apple generate via their ads.

That's all for now.

ramy12

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Boomsound is a must and the only reason I have stuck with HTC.

HTC should make LED flash notifications functional while charging on silent. Because the light turns only red to indicate charging or green to indicate full, users are prevented from being notified of new texts, etc., unless manually flashing the screen on - a hassle and battery waster.

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope HTC shows us an HTC One M10, based on the X9 as opposed to the A9. The X9 manages to incorporate the front facing speakers in its design.

Victor Ratherder

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
3.5 to 4 kmAh battery. Front facing speakers; the black bar doesn't bother me. A material that doesn't slip--something that almost became a dealbreaker with me when I bought my m(8).
Most important: an option for stock Android. Sense is only OK, IMHO.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I think HTC should follow Apple (as much as I hate them) and work on things such as chamfered edges and 2.5d glass, and then work of putting great specs (like SD820, 4gb RAM) etc. That would make a killer phone.

rawdigga

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think HTC should follow Apple (as much as I hate them) and work on things such as chamfered edges and 2.5d glass, and then work of putting great specs (like SD820, 4gb RAM) etc. That would make a killer phone.

The only company HTC needs to copy is themselves. They use to make some great phones. They should release a new line of phones called HTC Classics. If they use the same designs of the htc hd2, touch pro, or evo with bigger screens and updated specs i have no doubt they would be back on top.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Sounds good, but the only real bummer is no dual stereo boomsound speakers. HTC were the first to bring them to smartphones and it would be a shame if they moved away from it.

Otherwise everything else sounds good. 12mp 'ultrapixel' camera with OIS sounds great. If they can get the 2.0µm sensor with OIS and a 12mp resolution, could be a pretty stellar camera assuming their software processing is good.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
The only company HTC needs to copy is themselves. They use to make some great phones. They should release a new line of phones called HTC Classics. If they use the same designs of the htc hd2, touch pro, or evo with bigger screens and updated specs i have no doubt they would be back on top.

I agree, they make brilliant phones. I never said to copy Apple specifically, I meant to fuss over design and UX and then specs.

HunterGTS

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm a little late to the party but here's what I'm guessing:

-5.2 WQHD screen
-Snapdragon 820
-USB-C connection
-At least 32Gb internal with a SDCard expansion slot
-Boomsound with Dolby processing
-Fingerprint scanner
-12MP (or UP) rear camera with OIS, 5UP on the front.

Of course these are more wants than anything. :)

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good, but the only real bummer is no dual stereo boomsound speakers. HTC were the first to bring them to smartphones and it would be a shame if they moved away from it.

Otherwise everything else sounds good. 12mp 'ultrapixel' camera with OIS sounds great. If they can get the 2.0µm sensor with OIS and a 12mp resolution, could be a pretty stellar camera assuming their software processing is good.

The speakers are a huge bummer for me, I never realized just HOW useful they are until I got my Nexus 6. That's a dream to watch Netflix on, just plop it in a Qi cradle in my kitchen and I've got TV.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Not having stereo speakers would be unfortunate. Especially if you have friends around and you're trying to share a video with everyone. I can see it now trying to do that and people complaining about not being able to hear. Stereo speakers alleviate this concern.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Let's not act like Boomsound is perfect. Try to show people a video on your phone is a pseudo noisey environment. Boomsound doesn't help. Time to move on guys. Everyone connects their phones to wireless speakers now.

I wouldn't say "everyone" and in every situation. The less accessories I have to walk around with the better. Wasn't that the point of a smartphone to begin with? A iPod, cell phone and hand held computer all in one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19