Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Now Samsung crippled the oculous software so the VR is unusable with the N7. I agree with the decision but VR gets added to the useless POS list.

I cant wait until i can get settled in with a permanent phone. The doorman at BB now greets me by my first name.

Oculus crippled the Oculous software. I'm just sayin

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

That's why I bought an iPhone 7. Not the best but I can just use it and not think about it. Had been wanting the Note 7 but gave up..
usex to be a safe choice but many have bluetooth issues and vzw version has terrible reception during handoff between towers

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

Could have bought a new OnePlus3 for $400 over a refurb. I personally don't trust refurbs. Good luck and see you on the Note 8 forums.

I know .... but I am mired in the Sammy eco system: phone, watch, SHeallth, tablet, Samsung Pay. The S7Edge is a Band-Aid to get me through to the next Note. Look forward to seeing you again soon!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I've never been so stressed out over a phone myself. It's ridiculous. But I never imagined the phone being scrapped all together.

I know, right!? I am wondering how many Samsung heads are going to roll over this disgraceful situation.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site

My wife and I did a BOGO deal with AT&T. She got the S7 and I got the Note 7. We know how that wound up....

I used to be an iPhone guy, and still would be at this point save the BOGO deal which I think is worth preserving.

The cheaper phone is the free one, so I need to select another Samsung. I had an S7 Edge during the interim, but have concerns about the extreme curved edges, and being able to protect them during drops, etc. I've read a lot of horror stories about cracks occurring from nowhere.

I do like the idea of the larger screen and battery, but the S7 with it's more traditional shape and ability to apply tempered glass protectors, etc, is appealing.

What would you do in my situation?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Waiting for iPhone 7+ to come in stock. No backup phone.

I have a cheap android phone as a back up but am an apple person. You can use this link to find inventory at stores near you: iStockNow Live iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Stock Map

Before I am called a troll, I had an iPhone 6s Plus and traded it in for my Note 7 on launch day through jump. The N7 was the first Samsung phone I actually liked. Returned it on the fist recall and bought a cheap phone to hold me over. Ended up with a 7 plus in its place yesterday.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

Funny
Just called 611 directly to At&t customer service.
They said that they do not have a recall on the replacement Note 7 phone.
At&t called Samsung Directly, Samsung said they have a recall for the 1st Note 7 to be replaced.
But if I have the Note 7 I can keep it and use it.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe Samsung trades on the US exchanges but you can probably find a foreign mutual fund or ETF with exposure to Samsung.

*** I am not a stock broker and this is not investment advice ***

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I mean I'll keep it if they will update it, but it looks like it's all but dead.. they need to make it officia! I'll be picking up an iPhone 7 until the note 8

Weak.

Although I don't know what else I'd recommend. I'm thinking of holding out for the V20.

It's frustrating as hell, because, frankly, the Note 7 is the only phone I've had in the last five years that I truly liked.

-Mark

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

Is there an official statement from Samsung on their press release site, yet? All I keep finding are secondary sources.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

My wife and I did a BOGO deal with AT&T. She got the S7 and I got the Note 7. We know how that wound up....

I used to be an iPhone guy, and still would be at this point save the BOGO deal which I think is worth preserving.

The cheaper phone is the free one, so I need to select another Samsung. I had an S7 Edge during the interim, but have concerns about the extreme curved edges, and being able to protect them during drops, etc. I've read a lot of horror stories about cracks occurring from nowhere.

I do like the idea of the larger screen and battery, but the S7 with it's more traditional shape and ability to apply tempered glass protectors, etc, is appealing.

What would you do in my situation?

That and the glass back is what I didn't like about the n7,s7 and s7 edge. That's why I am not getting the s7 edge. In going with the v20

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

What a shame! I don't know what phone to replace it with either. I imagine soon we'll be told to return the Replacement N7 for full refund or choice of another phone. I also had purchased accessories; case, charger from 3rd party merchants so, I guess that $$ is just ....gone. I also never received the $25 GC. So, even though I love the GN7 & it didn't get hot or have problems, I essentially spent $864 on a huge amount of aggravation.. which is not ending anyone soon. I will lose money & much time over this fiasco.

TroyBoy30

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: What Note 7 crisis? Samsung stock hits new high

Investors wiped $18.8 billion off Samsung's market value on Tuesday as its shares closed down 8 percent, their biggest daily percentage decline since 2008.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

I have said the same. This complete disaster will actually greatly benefit Samsung buyers in the future. No doubt Samsung will go back to the drawing board on quality control, with no more rushing releases. I actually look forward to my next Samsung phone based on the N7 failure.

There is also one bit of silver lining in all this. That this happened to the N7 and not next year's N8. Next year will be the 10th anniversary of iPhone and apparently the iPhone 8 will go all out on new design and features. Including an all screen phone with no bezels and home button, or so all the rumours say.

But no doubt about it, the iPhone 8 will not be the incremental upgrade the iPhone 7 is and I suspect it will be a huge sales success. The Note 8 really needs to get it right to compete with the iPhone 8. This product failure comes at least at the right time to prepare Sammy to get their act together for the iPhone 8.

Yep, also the competition getting stronger and the chiense brands getting better and better, it's hard to justify spending money on high ends.

The reason this really burns me (no pun intended) is that I felt this would be the last year of a classic-looking Note.
Signs are pointing to a Bezel-free screen and some other crap, not to mention a massive paradigm shift in the next year of Samsung phones.

i.e. another 2015 year. I skipped an upgrade that year because Samsung's move to make an "iPhone", with no expandable storage, weak battery, and fragile "premium" build was just a disappointment. This year they mostly made good on the failures of the year prior.

Sucks because I really do like the Edge screen, and everything else on the Note 7.

Torn on whether I should take my chances with a super-cheap Note 4 (which I've heard is not great on Marshmallow), or go with an unlocked S7 Edge (which has less internal storage). Leery of spending full-price on a LG V20, as I tired of the V10 real quick after the Marshmallow update and the battery life going to toilet. Even though you can get one of those unlocked.

V20 won't have good battery life, LG refuse to learn, their LCD panel is power hungry at QHD, 4000mah would be the minimal size of battery that needed, a high end phone is nothing without high end battery life.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm really not looking forward to dealing with VZW again. They are horrible. Not that any of these phone companies are anything to be happy about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny