Best Buy shipment delayed until 11 / 26?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If they willing to fix that Im willing to wait. Granted I saw the video on how easy to open up the phone to fix w/e so idk XD easy to change anything in it... just wonder how easy to find the stuff...

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine was supposed to ship today... Just got an email this morning that says it's delayed a month??? Mine is the Verizon version... Anyone else?

Sometimes best buy is annoying and does this. The next thing u know it shows up and they give you free shipping. Very weird. Best buy is not very good with tracking/delivery management.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled my BB order yesterday, since not sure when coming and will be on vacation rest of this week and traveling next week for work. I guess my Note 4 will stay my prime device for a while. V20 is the only fit for what I want.

A dude at BB tried to sell me on the 7 Edge, but I pointed out the Note 4 has the same storage space, better display IMO, better signal reception and also has an sd slot like the 7E. Not to mention also a replaceable battery (have new one in mine). Getting 5 hours SOT with new battery and the MM update.

Also dislike the pronounced curve wasting display space. Makes it seem smaller than it is.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this has anything to do with the camera lenses shattering?

They have the ATT and Sprint versions, so probably not that. This is all on Verizon, since they control allocations for their version of the device. If supply is low, Verizon gets them first.

Verizon (as other carriers) treat BB like an indirect channel partner.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes best buy is annoying and does this. The next thing u know it shows up and they give you free shipping. Very weird. Best buy is not very good with tracking/delivery management.

...and this^^^ might explain the most unusual phone call I had with Best Buy this morning...

1.) I start a chat session with LG (assuming BB will have no clue); the short version of my chat... "Hey! why all of a sudden the 1 month delay with Best Buy? You all retrofitting the camera lenses or something?" Answer from LG: Nope, hadn't heard about shortages for pre-orders... been hearing about the camera glass but don't have any returns on that so far... Suggest you contact BB and see what the problem is...

OK...

2.) Call BB. It was a difficult convo, as the customer support person and I had a bit of a language barrier. But the bottom line was, "Don't worry! Your order has shipped!". Ummm... so what about the email? "Don't worry! Your order has shipped!" Ummm, OK. Give me a tracking number... "Please hold the line... <waiting...> Thank you for holding! You will receive a 2nd email with a tracking number. Don't worry, your order has shipped!" So, why can't you give me a tracking number? "I can't get that from my system." So, how do you know it shipped if you can't see a tracking number? "Call us back tomorrow if it doesn't come today, and we will re-flag it for shipment."

<face-palm>

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
A dude at BB tried to sell me on the 7 Edge, but I pointed out the Note 4 has the same storage space, better display IMO, better signal reception and also has an sd slot like the 7E. Not to mention also a replaceable battery (have new one in mine). Getting 5 hours SOT with new battery and the MM update.

Also dislike the pronounced curve wasting display space. Makes it seem smaller than it is.

Went from Note 4 to S7E and yes the IMO the S7E does feel insignificant vs the Note 4 but its much much faster, camera is much better and quicker.... that said I have my V20 on the way!

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
That best buy employee didnt want to do extra work...

I actually had the feeling she was trying, believe it or not. The phone call was a long one; I just shortened it as much as possible for this post. It *seemed* like I had been transferred to some overseas call center, and she really had very limited access to information. But, I could be wrong...

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well it is true that they wont have personal info unless you provide some info yourself otherwise they bsing... what you can pull up is usually what they can providing you have the info. If you have a receipt they can attempt to see if a tracking number was made yet but that usually the time you already have that email.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
They have the ATT and Sprint versions, so probably not that. This is all on Verizon, since they control allocations for their version of the device. If supply is low, Verizon gets them first.

The Verizon stores have had the V20 for a few days now. Got mine last Monday and was told they had a very good supply

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine was supposed to ship today... Just got an email this morning that says it's delayed a month??? Mine is the Verizon version... Anyone else?

I got the same message yesterday , so I called them and all they needed was some more info for Sprint. About an hour afterwards I got a message saying that my phone has shipped, then another saying delivery for friday, between 10 & 2. The number I called is 877-702-2211. Give them a call , ask what the hold up is .

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the same message yesterday , so I called them and all they needed was some more info for Sprint. About an hour afterwards I got a message saying that my phone has shipped, then another saying delivery for friday, between 10 & 2. The number I called is 877-702-2211. Give them a call , ask what the hold up is .

Believe me I've done a lot of online orders with Best Buy. They always say they're delayed and no one knows why and then it shows up. Annoying but they've all worked out ok.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Still not in stock at my local BB where I bought and need to return my N7. If they don't have them tomorrow I will just get a refund and go to AT&T my carrier and get one from them.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I think they underestimated the demand especially since the Note 7 fiasco and some won't pull the trigger on Pixel.