Cleared the FCC finally?

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This could all be done in time to make prototypes for CES (remember a few blogs stated that TB demos only had 512 RAM and HTC folks there were very strict on not letting people do speed tests or check phone specs - why would that be??).

I saw plenty of speed tests being run on unattended Bolts at CES. Check youtube for videos of them.

I just don't see why they would build an Evo-esque device without 4G. My guess is that if it was being tested with 3G only, it was for a specific purpose -- either they only wanted 3G testing done, the LTE network wasn't ready for traffic, or the OS wasn't ready for LTE to be enabled yet.

It's not easy to retrofit a new radio into an existing device. The hardware is engineered around the pieces that make it up.

Reactions: Bobman

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Umm???

Now back ON topic...

This post was mentioning the leak today that supposedly showed the FCC specs for the TBolt. Which basically means it deals with the cell phone radio frequencies.

attachment.php

Can someone tell me why this leak only showed the CDMA portion of the spectrum? I think this is not the Thunderbolt because the LTE frequencies are missing!

The frequencies that verizon owns for LTE are the upper C blocks in this chart:

attachment.php

Namely the 746-757mhz and the 776-787mhz.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me why this leak only showed the CDMA portion of the spectrum? I think this is not the Thunderbolt because the LTE frequencies are missing!

In the FCC listing, there are multiple frequencies listed. Not sure why Droid Life picked that pdf to display.

I'm too lazy to make a pic, so here's the info from "RF Test Report LTE"

APPLICANT : HTC Corporation
EQUIPMENT : Smartphone
MODEL NAME : PG05100
FCC ID : NM8PG05100
STANDARD : 47 CFR Part 2, 27
CLASSIFICATION : PCS Licensed Transmitter Held to Ear (PCE)
TX FREQUENCY RANGE : 777 MHz ~ 787 MHz (LTE Band 13)
RX FREQUENCY RANGE : 746 MHz ~ 756 MHz (LTE Band 13)
MAX. ERP POWER : 0.05 W (QPSK, BW 10MHz)
0.05 W (16QAM, BW 10MHz)
EMISSION DESIGNATOR : 8M94G7D (QPSK, BW 10MHz)
8M92D7W (16QAM, BW 10MHz)

Edit: attached pic

awtenterprise

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
3G only test phones were probably for the simultaneous voice and data testing. The 4G data radio has been in use for some time now in the USB dongle.

No proof, just an idea.

AdamT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky