How many of you think the Honor 8 is a flagship spec phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I returned it today actually. I'll get a refund on it in about week. I just got word that I'm going to inherit a iPhone 6s plus from my mom as when she found out I got the iPhone 8 she decided to upgrade too and got the 8 plus. So she's giving me her 6s plus and I'll use that as my larger screen media device now. Now I'll have two iPhones to rotate back and forth with.
Oh but the 6s Plus is outdated and doesn't have portrait mode. You should sell it and get an iPhone 8 Plus.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My first smartphone was an HTC Touch P3452 Windows Mobile 6.5. I was already into heavy UX shell development on DeviantArt and having a companion device did help. WhatsApp got me into the Samsung Focus (my first WP7 device) and my work email client ended my WM journey with the Lumia 950XL. I did use iPhones for a few months but didn't like the overall UX. Back then Android was pretty bare bones and cluttered and WP's smooth UX was a very welcome change. It's sad to see Microsoft not doubling down on their in-house Mobile OS when the time was right.
I had the titan 2 and focus 2. Both of which were abandoned well under a year after I bought them.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh but the 6s Plus is outdated and doesn't have portrait mode. You should sell it and get an iPhone 8 Plus.
No way I would ever do it as I don't like the iPhone plus models at all. I've always thought they did not look good to me and I've never even thought about getting one but since this one will be free I'm not opposed to watching a movie on it or making it my media phone. My iPhone 8 I'll use 98 percent of the time even if I have her iPhone 6s plus as it'll strictly be used when I want to watch a movie or for bigger media things I might need the larger screen for. I've got order a full skin for it as I think it's a rose gold or pink gold color or something like that. It of course was my mom's phone which it's still like brand new. She rarely uses her phone and it's been in a speck case with a screen protector on it the entire time she's had it. It's never even been out of the case. So I'll just order a skin for it to make it the color I like and I'll be good to go for my back up media device.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
No way I would ever do it as I don't like the iPhone plus models at all. I've always thought they did not look good to me and I've never even thought about getting one but since this one will be free I'm not opposed to watching a movie on it or making it my media phone. My iPhone 8 I'll use 98 percent of the time even if I have her iPhone 6s plus as it'll strictly be used when I want to watch a movie or for bigger media things I might need the larger screen for. I've got order a full skin for it as I think it's a rose gold or pink gold color or something like that. It of course was my mom's phone which it's still like brand new. She rarely uses her phone and it's been in a speck case with a screen protector on it the entire time she's had it. It's never even been out of the case. So I'll just order a skin for it to make it the color I like and I'll be good to go for my back up media device.

Nothing wrong with the smaller size. If you're comfortable with it. Stick with it

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the smaller size. If you're comfortable with it. Stick with it
Yeah it's more of how it looks. I've always thought the iPhone plus models looked too chunky for some reason. Not that I would use one if it was free like I've got now for movies and larger media than the regular iPhone can perform well at. I've just got to order a full one piece skin for the plus because her 6s plus is that pink gold color which is way more for a girl color so I've got to hide that before I use it or take it out in public with me lol.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's more of how it looks. I've always thought the iPhone plus models looked too chunky for some reason. Not that I would use one if it was free like I've got now for movies and larger media than the regular iPhone can perform well at. I've just got to order a full one piece skin for the plus because her 6s plus is that pink gold color which is way more for a girl color so I've got to hide that before I use it or take it out in public with me lol.
Oh that's fine. I'm not sure if I can deal with a small screen though. It if it works for you, stick with it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I returned it today actually. I'll get a refund on it in about week. I just got word that I'm going to inherit a iPhone 6s plus from my mom as when she found out I got the iPhone 8 she decided to upgrade too and got the 8 plus. So she's giving me her 6s plus and I'll use that as my larger screen media device now. Now I'll have two iPhones to rotate back and forth with.

That's so cool about your situation! Now you have two phones to play with! :)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's so cool about your situation! Now you have two phones to play with! :)
Yeah it'll give me a larger screen device to use for movies and YouTube videos until I buy my new iPad which will be about two months from now once my $500 gift card arrives. I was going to pay my phone off with it but I'll qualify for a free upgrade after 12 months so I see no need to pay my entire phone off if I just trade in and upgrade to the latest model every 12 months so I'm going to buy a 128g iPad from the Apple store that's cellular which will run me $559. That is if I don't decide to buy a new laptop instead of the iPad. I'm not sure yet. Probably the iPad though. I want something compatible with my iPhone so I can't text and take calls with it. I like having an iPad. They are the best tablets on the market I think. I've owned several Android tablets and the Samsung tab S2 was not bad but not as nice as a iPad. I'm so excited about tomorrow. Today is going to go by so slow as I'm just counting down the hours until my iPhone 8 is delivered tomorrow. I hope FedEx doesn't make me wait all day long which since I want it so bad that's probably what will happen to me lol. They won't show until late afternoon probably. I hope it's by noon though. So far I've gotten my silver Zagg luxe screen protector in but none of my skins have arrived for it yet. I've got two cases on order but my hopes is that some of my iPhone 6s cases will end up fitting the 8. I'll know tomorrow if they will or not. I'm trying to decide whether if I should order a wireless charging pad or not. I've never used wireless charging even when I had phones that supported it before so I'm thinking that I doubt I even use that feature. I think what I'm about to order is a pair of Bluetooth wireless earbuds though since I won't have a headphone jack which will take some getting used to. I use my headphones jack all the time so I definitely need some Bluetooth wireless earbuds. Here's what I'm thinking about ordering and they come in Red too which is a huge plus for me.

bda548c87143658d83845fce51d301ac.jpg

15cf48415b99054719c3aadb5e445cd6.jpg

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Wireless charging pads are nice to have , but they charge quite slowly. it's really good to use while you sleep and leave it charging

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok glad that you have things sorted out

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a pink iPhone. Just put a case on it and it was fine

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it'll give me a larger screen device to use for movies and YouTube videos until I buy my new iPad which will be about two months from now once my $500 gift card arrives. I was going to pay my phone off with it but I'll qualify for a free upgrade after 12 months so I see no need to pay my entire phone off if I just trade in and upgrade to the latest model every 12 months so I'm going to buy a 128g iPad from the Apple store that's cellular which will run me $559. That is if I don't decide to buy a new laptop instead of the iPad. I'm not sure yet. Probably the iPad though. I want something compatible with my iPhone so I can't text and take calls with it. I like having an iPad. They are the best tablets on the market I think. I've owned several Android tablets and the Samsung tab S2 was not bad but not as nice as a iPad. I'm so excited about tomorrow. Today is going to go by so slow as I'm just counting down the hours until my iPhone 8 is delivered tomorrow. I hope FedEx doesn't make me wait all day long which since I want it so bad that's probably what will happen to me lol. They won't show until late afternoon probably. I hope it's by noon though. So far I've gotten my silver Zagg luxe screen protector in but none of my skins have arrived for it yet. I've got two cases on order but my hopes is that some of my iPhone 6s cases will end up fitting the 8. I'll know tomorrow if they will or not. I'm trying to decide whether if I should order a wireless charging pad or not. I've never used wireless charging even when I had phones that supported it before so I'm thinking that I doubt I even use that feature. I think what I'm about to order is a pair of Bluetooth wireless earbuds though since I won't have a headphone jack which will take some getting used to. I use my headphones jack all the time so I definitely need some Bluetooth wireless earbuds. Here's what I'm thinking about ordering and they come in Red too which is a huge plus for me.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171119/bda548c87143658d83845fce51d301ac.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171119/15cf48415b99054719c3aadb5e445cd6.jpg
Do you think you are really going to make it 12 months on the iPhone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol