How many of you think the Honor 8 is a flagship spec phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah I'll make it very easily. I used to do it every year for a long time. Not until Android did I start going through phones every other month bc there were so many different ones to choose from. The only way I'd change from the iPhone 8 is if I for some reason got lucky and was able to get my hands on the iPhone 10 that's back ordered until mid December. I'll use the 8 12 months then upgrade to the 10 then. With apple I don't buy lots of phones as there is no reason to as they are all the same models. I'll be perfectly happy with the 8 especially bc it's way ahead of it's time and some apps aren't yet even compatible with it so it's future proofed. Technically I could use it 24 months but I won't. I'll upgrade to the newest after 12 months which I'll qualify for with Xfinity.
Oh OK. That's great that you can commit to ios for a whole 12 months

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's a cool feature. Are there some of those on Amazon. Right now I'm searching for a charging dock for an iPhone but most of the ones I have found are made to put the Apple watch on too which I don't have but I might now end up getting. I'm really not a fan of square watches which none of you know this but I used to be a obsessed high end automatic movement dive watch collector. So I'm very particular about my watches and what I will wear. Back in the day at one time I had about $75k worth of high end automatic swiss made dive watches!!! I'm almost embarrassed to share that. It had totally taken control of me. I was buying 4k to 6k watches quite often then I'd sell after a while and buy another. In the high end watch world it's highly important to have the original box and all the original paperwork that came with the watch as it helped to retain it's value. That's actually the main reason why today I won't buy a used phone unless it has the original box with all the original contents that cane with it. My watch collecting days carried over to the mobile phone world so I keep all my boxes to all my phones and I also never touch the original inside contents of the phone box. I just use spare cords and spare charging bricks I have. I do that bc when I get ready to sell the phone I can call it like new in box which I keep my phones pristine and in brand new condition always.
That makes sense. You want to buy a phone complete with box to keep the set

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Changing a phone every year is really cool. Exchange it for the newer model. Basically paying only half the phone and get a new one every hear
That's a pretty awesome program if you are sure you want to go with a certain phone line, like apple.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They tried. Developers didn't wanna spend too much time creating and supporting another platform.
They didn't try hard enough then. It comes down to money... If they wanted to be successful then they gotta lose a little up front by subsidizing the developers

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
They didn't try hard enough then. It comes down to money... If they wanted to be successful then they gotta lose a little up front by subsidizing the developers
Nope. They tried. Same with BlackBerry. When I used their BlackBerry 10 OS, their CEO couldn't bring devs into their platforms even offering them money and even have their own team handling the apps. Devs still denied them.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't need to go to with a certain phone line. You can change phone manufacturer every year and try out their phones if you want
Oh that's good to know. There are so many promotions it's hard to keep track of which one you are referring to.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope. They tried. Same with BlackBerry. When I used their BlackBerry 10 OS, their CEO couldn't bring devs into their platforms even offering them money and even have their own team handling the apps. Devs still denied them.
They didn't try hard enough though. I mean if they offered to pay the projected earnings of the ios app for 3 years then I bet app developers would do it. Obviously they would lose money up front, so this would be a long play but one that would keep wp relevant.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Belkin are also pretty expensive. I've bought many cheap items and they worked the way they should
That's fine but reading some reviews on Amazon is scary... With cables melting, chargers catching on fire... You need to do research to see what the reviews are, and also whether or not they are fake reviews.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
They didn't try hard enough though. I mean if they offered to pay the projected earnings of the ios app for 3 years then I bet app developers would do it. Obviously they would lose money up front, so this would be a long play but one that would keep wp relevant.
I'm sure they tried everything they could do. They know apps are important and won't let it get away. But if devs won't do it, nothing you can do about that.