July security update

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Very weird. I usually get these updates within 2-3 hours after they get posted to the Android website, but I still don't have it yet. I'll survive but it's just strange for me to wait this long. Bell Mobility in Ontario.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Very weird. I usually get these updates within 2-3 hours after they get posted to the Android website, but I still don't have it yet. I'll survive but it's just strange for me to wait this long. Bell Mobility in Ontario.

I'm with Rogers and just got it today, so I'm sure yours will be coming too!

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm with Rogers and just got it today, so I'm sure yours will be coming too!

No no no. Been scouring the various forums and I have come to the conclusion that my Pixel 2XL is forever stuck on the June security patch because Google sucks/hates me/Google Services needs to be reset 2.5 times etc. /s ;p

I'll survive :)

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue last month. It was over a week before it hits mine. Was really surprised to see it on day 1.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I got it at 12:30 AM 2018-07-03.
I'm near Atlanta, Georgia, USA and I'm on Google Fi.
And I'm more than pleased that
Settings->System->System Update->Check for update
finally works just as it should!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, I did hear that some were were experiencing slow fingerprint scanners. Let us know how it goes!

It's still slow. It's not instant like when I first got the phone, there's about a second delay now. But I guess there are worse things in life I could be dealing with :)

nufan4115

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Still do not have the update. Last few months have had it day one. Nothing now. I can't believe they wont fix the slow fingerprint sensor. It is a known issue, they know about it but won't fix it in 30 days?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It's still slow. It's not instant like when I first got the phone, there's about a second delay now. But I guess there are worse things in life I could be dealing with :)

Maybe the problem is with something else that's installed. I've had my Pixel 2 XL for 8 months and when I place my finger on the sensor the response feels instant. It's fast enough that I don't think I could measure it with a stopwatch. I don't do beta software including the current beta P operating system. I have 128 GB of memory and it's 22% used - 100 GB free. How much free memory do you have on your Pixel 2 XL?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No no no. Been scouring the various forums and I have come to the conclusion that my Pixel 2XL is forever stuck on the June security patch because Google sucks/hates me/Google Services needs to be reset 2.5 times etc. /s ;p

I'll survive :)

I'm sure you'll get it

bluegreen1965

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Did you try hitting the check for update button or are you just waiting for the notification?

Yes, I'm hitting the check-for-update several times per day. Seems odd and reminiscent of when many of us had to load the GPS update before it would recognize there was an available patch.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah still waiting here. Other people on my carrier have reported getting it. I have been hitting the update button a couple of times a day.

The official listed fix for wifi is not something that will solve any issues for me, but I have read reports that the fingerprint sensor is sped up for some and I'm wondering about that as mine lags a bit over the past month or so. I know how to sideload on my own, but I'm being a little stubborn about it now.

I know I'll get it and I was kidding earlier about being upset about it (if anyone didn't notice the "/s ;p" at the end of my rant). But I am curious about why this is taking 'so long' this time. I'm going to wait and see if it updates OTA and avoid sideloading/adb just to see how long it takes.

BTW My wife has the Pixel 2 on the same carrier as me and as I type this, it checked 6 hours ago and no update. I just hit the check button and its now downloading and installing for her. So the updates are coming, just slower for us this time for some reason.

bluegreen1965

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Yeah still waiting here. Other people on my carrier have reported getting it. I have been hitting the update button a couple of times a day.

The official listed fix for wifi is not something that will solve any issues for me, but I have read reports that the fingerprint sensor is sped up for some and I'm wondering about that as mine lags a bit over the past month or so. I know how to sideload on my own, but I'm being a little stubborn about it now.

I know I'll get it and I was kidding earlier about being upset about it (if anyone didn't notice the "/s ;p" at the end of my rant). But I am curious about why this is taking 'so long' this time. I'm going to wait and see if it updates OTA and avoid sideloading/adb just to see how long it takes.

BTW My wife has the Pixel 2 on the same carrier as me and as I type this, it checked 6 hours ago and no update. I just hit the check button and its now downloading and installing for her. So the updates are coming, just slower for us this time for some reason.

Thanks! Helpful to know there are others in the same tippy canoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huangsenyuan