July security update

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
i got the update on Monday. I'm on Rogers in Toronto. I just got the Pixel 2 June 9 because of the quick updates. mine came up Monday afternoon when i plugged my phone on the charger.

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
He he... Just called Verizon tech support to see if there was a problem on why I have not received the update yet and her response was 'its not the end of the month yet, why don't you wait a little longer'... Hmmmm

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
He he... Just called Verizon tech support to see if there was a problem on why I have not received the update yet and her response was 'its not the end of the month yet, why don't you wait a little longer'... Hmmmm

Calling Verizon customer service for things about updates on a phone is a complete waste of time. They literally know nothing.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For the past 3 months I've been quite pleased that this worked first time every time just as soon as the update was announced:

Settings->System->System Update->Check for update

Anyone else? I'd certainly be disappointed if it was just blind luck.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
For the past 3 months I've been quite pleased that this worked first time every time just as soon as the update was announced:

Settings->System->System Update->Check for update

Anyone else? I'd certainly be disappointed if it was just blind luck.
Worked that way for me too until this update. Still none for me.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the problem is with something else that's installed. I've had my Pixel 2 XL for 8 months and when I place my finger on the sensor the response feels instant. It's fast enough that I don't think I could measure it with a stopwatch. I don't do beta software including the current beta P operating system. I have 128 GB of memory and it's 22% used - 100 GB free. How much free memory do you have on your Pixel 2 XL?

I have about 30 gigs left on my phone. I have the 64 gig model. but you could be right, it could be a nap or something slowing it down. I do not have Facebook installed on my phone but I do have the Twitter app installed. I think those two apps take up alot of memory?

00stryder

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep, got it sometime last week I think after manually checking. I'm using an unlocked Pixel 2 on AT&T.

Edit: was earlier this week.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL on Verizon received the July update? I have a Pixel 2 XL on Verizon that I purchased in March, and since then I've been among the first to receive the monthly updates. This time, however, it appears that delivery of the update to my phone is delayed. Just speculating here, but is it possible that Verizon is taking longer than other service providers to pass along this particular update to its subscribers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George Brian