July security update

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone with a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL on Verizon received the July update? I have a Pixel 2 XL on Verizon that I purchased in March, and since then I've been among the first to receive the monthly updates. This time, however, it appears that delivery of the update to my phone is delayed. Just speculating here, but is it possible that Verizon is taking longer than other service providers to pass along this particular update to its subscribers?

I'm on the beta now which includes it but did receive it on Oreo.

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL on Verizon received the July update? I have a Pixel 2 XL on Verizon that I purchased in March, and since then I've been among the first to receive the monthly updates. This time, however, it appears that delivery of the update to my phone is delayed. Just speculating here, but is it possible that Verizon is taking longer than other service providers to pass along this particular update to its subscribers?
I'm on VZW... Have not received the July update yet

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I'm on VZ and got the update on the 2nd. I'm sure it will hit your device very soon.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 on Verizon but bought it from Google. I got the July update on July 4th by clicked the Check Update button.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I will sound spoiled. I usually get the update the day it is announced. This is the first time since getting the 2XL that I have to wait for the update. First world problem, right!

nufan4115

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting here also. I thought the advantage of getting a pixel device was getting updates on the day they are released?

anon(5493437)

Jul 9, 2018
Visit site
Still no update in UK in EE provider. I have choosed the Pixel 2XL because of the seamless updates and there is still nothing. I have been using 5his phone since the beginning but I have never received the update in time. It is a bit strange for me who came from IOS where everyone received the update at the same time.
🤔

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120