DO NOT BUY the Pixel 4 if you care at all about battery life!!!

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an XL and get 4.5 hours per day and plug it back in with 50% of the battery left. How's that "average"?

I mean I dont know how u use your phone. That's why I tend to trust reviews. People that have devices will always try to defend their purchases, including me.
I have no doubt that you can get good battery life out of XL. I mean I get about 8 hours SOT on my Note 10 with 3500 mah battery and everything ON and on Auto without even trying to save battery

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's clear from this thread that the battery life experience on the smaller Pixel 4 is inconsistent at best.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I mean I dont know how u use your phone. That's why I tend to trust reviews. People that have devices will always try to defend their purchases, including me.
I have no doubt that you can get good battery life out of XL. I mean I get about 8 hours SOT on my Note 10 with 3500 mah battery and everything ON and on Auto without even trying to save battery

Who's to say the reviewer isn't either a cheerleader or have an axe to grind? I've seen that plenty in the past where reviewers on some sites would overlook flaws for some models, or nitpick the crap out of others.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Pixel 4 forum in a nutshell !!
giphy.gif

I still see that horse moving.... it ain't dead yet :O LoL.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Too late I bought it, and battery life is great..
dc37db492fa241ff3c6574fd7049e8fe.gif

I'm with you on that. I get a full day of battery life. It's how Google manages battery life with adaptive battery. The OS learns how to conserve battery life by your usage. It works fine for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry that your experience with the Pixel 4's battery life was not what you were expecting. I too was a little surprised at the size of its battery. My Pixel 2 (5") was good with battery life but the Pixel 4 - only Face Unlock for security; price tag; smaller battery- made me look elsewhere.

How long did you have the phone? The Pixel's adaptive battery is normally pretty good and it learns your usage over time. Of course, 2.5 hours SOT is not a normal stat for Pixels.

What phone are you considering now? Perhaps the 4 XL?