Capped WiFi on Galaxy S10e

memeping34

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm going straight to the point. I bought a used Galaxy S10e and I transferred all my stuff via SmartSwitch from my old Galaxy A8 (2018). The WiFi on A8 was working perfect with no problems whatsoever. On the other hand the WiFi on S10e is working bad. The capped speed for 2.4Ghz networks is around 10 Mbps (Down) and on 5Ghz networks about 50 Mbps (Down) (I don't have enough upload speed to test if the upload is also capped). This happens on all networks no matter where I connect. I tried forgetting, resetting, and turning off every network setting -> Didn't help. But when I tried wiping the cache the wifi started working perfect for about 10 minutes than it suddenly capped the speed again. I tried other devices and I´m getting full 2.4Ghz speed (around 50-60 Mbps down). The ISP provides me with 100/10 Mbps.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm going straight to the point. I bought a used Galaxy S10e and I transfered all my stuff via SmartSwitch from my old Galaxy A8 (2018). The WiFi on A8 was working perfect with no problems what so ever. On the other hand the WiFi on S10e is working baad. The capped speed for 2.4Ghz networks is around 10 Mbps (Down) and on 5Ghz networks about 50 Mbps (Down) (I dont have enought upload speed to test if the upload is also capped). This happens on all networks no matter where I connect. I tried forgetting, reseting, and turning off every network setting -> Didn´t help. But when I tried wiping the cache the wifi started working perfect for about 10 minutes than it suddenly capped the speed again. I tried other devices and I´m getting full 2.4Ghz speed (around 50-60 Mbps down). The ISP provides me with 100/10 Mbps.
It could be that your router's firmware is not optimized to connect to newer devices. It might be worth see if there's a newer firmware for your router. Also, of course, ensure you have the latest update for your phone.

memeping34

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
None of the guidelines worked. It only works for 10 min after i wipe the cache. "when I tried wiping the cache the wifi started working perfect for about 10 minutes than it suddenly capped the speed again."

memeping34

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
UPDATE: I just tried older router from Tp-Link and on 2.4ghz im getting nice 40/8 Mbps. What can I do now? The APs are from UniFi - older models (only 2.4ghz). Other devices connected to the APs are getting full 2.4ghz speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus