Post your Samsung Fascinate Screenshots!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
SC20110310-102804.png
SC20110310-102813.png

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Setting up Honeycomb-style Homescreens

Here we go. I got my inspiration (and instructions) from obsessionXYZ on the i9000 boards at XDA.

I'm running Super Clean 2.8 (will jump to 2.9 when I get a chance!) along with mob87's Honeycomb theme found on XDA as well.

First, a few apps you will need.
- Launcher Pro (plus is preferred, but the free version will work just fine)
- Launcher Pro shortcuts (found here; extract to the root of your SD)
- Desktop VisualizeR (for the Honeycomb-style "recent apps" shortcuts)
- App Icon shortcuts (found here and here)
- One More Clock (Honeycomb clock)

In your LP preferences, set your Homescreen Settings to 9 columns and 10 rows. Choose how many homescreens you would like, and set your default screen to whichever you want it to be. If you're going to use any of the LP+ widgets, enable "scrollable widgets" as well.

To set up your dock from left to right:
1. LP preferences>Appearance>Dock background: Select "dock.png" from the Honeycomb_Valle_Images.zip you downloaded before
2. Long-press first dock icon and select: Change shortcut>Launcher Pro shortcuts>home1.lps
3. Long-press again to select the icon: Change icon>Custom>Honeycomb left arrow icon (from zip)
4. For the second icon, long-press and select Change shortcut>Launcher Pro shortcuts> and select the home number that corresponds to whichever homescreen you chose for your default (example, my default screen is 3, so I chose home3.lps)
5. Long-press to Change icon>Custom> and choose the Honeycomb "home" icon
6. The third is a little different; Long-press and select Swipe gesture action>Show screen previews; long-press again to select the Honeycomb "expose" icon
5. Long-press the fourth spot in the dock and select Change shortcut>Blank
6. For the last spot in the dock, long-press and select Change shortcut>App drawer; long-press again to select the Honeycomb app drawer icon

Now that your dock has been set up, you can start setting up your homescreens. This is where you can have your freedom, or follow the steps exactly... Completely up to you!

Homescreen 1: Honeycomb "Recent Apps" and Google search widgets
1. Long-press on the homescreen and select Widgets>Desktop VisualizeR>4x1
A new widget will be placed on your homescreen. Tap it to go into the custom widget creator of Desktop VisualizeR (my new favorite app!)
2. Select your icon (Image File, then choose one of the premade App Shortcut Icons from the previous Honeycomb zip)
3. Select the action (example: if you chose the "browser" icon, then select Launch Application>Browser)
4. For the Label, hit "clear"
5. For the Touch Effect select "None"
6. Long-press the newly created widget to resize (LP+ only) to 5x1 (instead of the 4x1)
7. Repeat for each shortcut widget you wish to create

I used the icon template to create my own custom icons. If you're Photoshop-inclined, have fun with this... I *may* be able to create some custom icons, but I won't make any promises!

Continue to build your homescreens to your liking. When you are done, test out the three icons on the dock to make sure they perform the correct action. The first icon should take you to homescreen 1, the second icon should take you to your default homescreen, and swiping the third icon should take you to the homescreen previews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sut

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok got very bored at work today so I started to play this is what I came up with I think its pretty cool. Oh and the ? In the middle of my dock goes to my apps so I really like that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Homescreen1.png

Running SC 2.9 Froyo.

Beautiful widgets:
Super Clock skin: Scrambble
Weather Skin: Tick

Launcherpro
Desktop Visualizer
Icons: Matt Nano (200+ "iPhone" looking icons found on deviantart)

Wallpaper - It was included with the Launcherpro wallpapers (all 2 of them! :p)

Also, in the dock on the left side is where I have the text app. I'm using a transparent icon I made because I think it looks better lol.

Detroit Amerson

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I like simple home screens without icons so I can see my wife in the background, she loves showing off for me on my screens

Last edited by a moderator: