VZW: Thunderbolt goes on sale tonight at 12 midnight ET - See post for all prices

MzSauniB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
They have to be fair....it releases on the 17th. Which we all know occurs when the clock strikes 12 midnight. Well it's still 9 ish on the West Coast....therefore.....When the contingent 48 states are all in the same day....it will become available. Just be glad they're not waiting on Hawaii....

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
**** the hippies i want my phone with a 1 year contract dammit. i stayed up til midnight to buy this freaking thing only to find it not available until 3? r u serious?

i have to be up by 630 am, i cant stay up any longer...

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
CantOrder online from Verizon on 3/17 till 5pm eastern

Verizon Sucks watched my computer clock strike 1200am est and then logged into verizon and tried to purchase the TB its a NO GO TILL 0300am what F*&KING BS. So I complained to a chat rep and this is what she told me

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Maresha'

Maresha: Hey!

You: why is the thunderbolt not showing up to uphrade two of my lines

Maresha: Because the thundrbolt will not be release until March 17, 2011.

Maresha: which is 12am but you will not be able to order the phone until around 3am.

You: hello its 1205 am est here march 17th

You: k why 3am

Maresha: Because the website has to update.

Maresha: Can I help you with anything else tonight?

You: k that stinks are you able to put the order in then

Maresha: No, because it is 11pm here and the thunderbolt is not available.

You: K Thanks

Maresha: I really wish it was more I could do for you.

So the excuse for delay it takes verizon 3 hrs. to update a web site how lame is that maybe they should hire some real web techies!!!! LOL just another delay game

5pm eastern time to order from Verizon online: Check this chat out I just had..They are confused on the time...

Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Jasmine'

Jasmine: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: what time can i purchase the t-bolt online?

Jasmine: I will be happy to assist you today.

Jasmine: The Thunderbolt won't be available online til after 5pm
You: ? why is that when the stores will have them in stock at the opening of their stores?

You: on tomorrow

Jasmine: In stores have access to phones earlier than here online

You: Funny that the stores have always said that online site will have phones made available before they will..I have always ordered online in the past prior to the stores offering the devices

You: So to make it clear: The Thunderbolt will not be available for order online until after 5pm on 3/17?
Jasmine: The Thunderbolt will not be available online before the store

Jasmine: Hi, just checking in how's everything going?

You: Can U confirm and make sure. Another online chat rep answered this same question to my roommate and stated it would be available around 3am eastern time????

Jasmine: The release time for this phone would be at 5pm eastern time
You: Fine...thanks

Jasmine: Your welcome. I'm sorry for this misunderstanding. Were there any other questions I could assist you with this evening?

You: none

Reactions: rookie83

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
**** the hippies i want my phone with a 1 year contract dammit. i stayed up til midnight to buy this freaking thing only to find it not available until 3? r u serious?

I'm up from 4-5PM until 8-9AM nightly. YEAAAA NIGHTSHIFT.

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
They have to be fair....it releases on the 17th. Which we all know occurs when the clock strikes 12 midnight. Well it's still 9 ish on the West Coast....therefore.....When the contingent 48 states are all in the same day....it will become available. Just be glad they're not waiting on Hawaii....

well they did tweet 12am EDT. not 12am PDT. publicly tweeting twats, esp. for a listed company, need to learn on the timezone differences and their abbreviations.

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
this completely blows. i expected $100 and $50 for one year. wtf? i should've upgraded to a droid pro or droid X last year when i had the chance. i held on to this POS blackberry tour for an extra 7 months not knowing about the NE2 change. not that i think $100 was a lot but i was waiting for a global or 4G htc droid.

DAMN YOU VZW!!! :mad:

Yep. Me too.

10 Years as a customer with the most expensive individual plan there is. $140 a month total forever.

And I get $50 for NE2.

God, Verizon pisses me off man.

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
HAHAHAHAHA . . . verizon delays the thunderbolt again! this is priceless! this has been so botched it is funny!

i could have went to bed 2.5 hours ago. now i have to decied if i should wait another 2.5, sleep 2.5 and get up to get it, or just order it on amazon.

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

set an alarm for 2:50am. im sure you can do it for a phone we waited this long :p

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Me too.

10 Years as a customer with the most expensive individual plan there is. $140 a month total forever.

And I get $50 for NE2.

God, Verizon pisses me off man.

you get $50 for NE2 by extending 2 years? can you get anything for signin 1 yr contract?

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

the west coast is for Ifans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadsak