VZW: Thunderbolt goes on sale tonight at 12 midnight ET - See post for all prices

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is not EST.

It is CST.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Cindy'

Cindy: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

Chris: Hello, I was wondering when the Thunderbolt will be available for order through phone?

Cindy: The thunderbolt will be available at 3:00 am in the morning central time.

Chris: Ok - thank you.

Cindy: You are welcome.

Granted, that's for ordering through the phone.. but if they're giving CST times for that, it stands to reason the 12 AM thing is CST as well.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So what is EST in terms of CST. An hour behind?

So at 1AM EST it'll go live? OMG NUMBERS.

If I had a TBOLT I COULD CONFIGURE OUT THIS CONFOUNDED CONFUDDLING CONFOUNDMENT.

G'dammit.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
hahaha... I can't help but laugh at how this whole thing has gone down. I just hosed myself!

Ordered on Amazon using my wife's number at 11:12PM. Went through, estimated delivery on March 21. I'm OK with that, saves me $70+tax.

Ordered on Amazon using MY number at 11:18PM. Went through, estimated delivery on March 29-30!!! AHHHH!!! I'm screwed. Now I'm tempted to call Amazon at 7am and cancel the order, then run over to my VZW store and camp out. But I'm betting if I did that somehow the Amazon order would screw up my upgrade eligibility.

I believe those days at a bit of an overestimation.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
screw it, i cant wait any longer, im ordering the itampon....hahaah no

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

darth-vader-noooo.jpg

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I believe those days at a bit of an overestimation.

Amazon does tend to be pessimistic about that, I'm hopeful.

If nothing else, I think I got one order in time for a Monday delivery. Unfortunately, it was the order with my wife's number. I need to find out if its possible to activate that phone on my line if they don't come at the same time.

I was ready to pay $150 more to VZW and order online at midnight EST to have it on Friday... :'(

I'm so pissed right now, but I just can't stop laughing about this. Verizon's handling of this phone's release has been nothing short of pathetic.

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
what's this talk about 3am CST? first of all that's CDT now we're in daylight mode. second of all 3am Central is 4am Eastern. What the hell man?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Amazon does tend to be pessimistic about that, I'm hopeful.

If nothing else, I think I got one order in time for a Monday delivery. Unfortunately, it was the order with my wife's number. I need to find out if its possible to activate that phone on my line if they don't come at the same time.

I was ready to pay $150 more to VZW and order online at midnight EST to have it on Friday... :'(

I'm so pissed right now, but I just can't stop laughing about this. Verizon's handling of this phone's release has been nothing short of pathetic.

You need to first activate it on her number, then you can swap it to yours in 2 minutes.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
what's this talk about 3am CST? first of all that's CDT now we're in daylight mode. second of all 3am Central is 4am Eastern. What the hell man?

I don't know timezones for ****. Hell Hawaii has their own. I've only ever concerned myself with my own. I'm confuzzled. Then again I'm doing the in-store thing, so its GRAVY.

Guaransheed

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone trying to order this off contract? I'm wondering with the "typo" on the launch time, if they're also going to find a "typo" in the full retail price of $599.99 that was tweeted today. That price seems really low compared to the $749.99 full retail price that BB is advertising, and still a good bit lower than the $669.99 that Wirefly offered. Too good to be true?

For anyone else trying to buy w/o contract, my anecdotal experience at the local VZW corporate store was that they couldn't give me a retail price until tomorrow, but also that they were advised not to sell any of the current shipment off-contract: this first shipment is intended to sign new/existing users to new contracts. YMMV.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
without incurring any ETF wrath from Amazon?

I think all that matters is you don't cancel the line. You can phone swap all you want via Verizon I believe. I know I swap phones all the time when I'm under contract. But I'm not sure if keeping the 4G data plan is a requirement.

Check their fine print and see if it just talks about keeping that account for 2 years,

Tank076

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i might need a margarita to eithier celebrate or wash away my pain depending if i get a phone before it sells out and at 12 cdt its still not avaiable

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
trying to log into my verizon... suddenly everything's unavailable. i hope this means it's not coming at 3 or 4 and comes in the next 5 minutes. they already lied about 12! haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadsak