MIUI Rom users? Speed, battery life, endless customization---

Quiquemaracas1234

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i am rooted with unrevoked 3.32 reflash pakage i downloaded the miui zip file and try to install on my evo....looks like it installs fine but when i reboot it hangs in a loop trying to load up. im i missing a step or this can not be done with unrevoked?? please help me!!!!

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Installing MIUI 3.1.18(Gingerbread 2.3)

i am rooted with unrevoked 3.32 reflash pakage i downloaded the miui zip file and try to install on my evo....looks like it installs fine but when i reboot it hangs in a loop trying to load up. im i missing a step or this can not be done with unrevoked?? please help me!!!!

I'm going to post installing this ROM step by step... I just flashed this ROM on a famliy members EVO earlier today. And didn't have any issues, took me all of about 20 mins to do it from start to finish.

Installing MIUI 3.1.18(Gingerbread 2.3)

1. Backup... Nandroid, Gmail and so on. This should just be second nature.

2. Download MIUI 3.1.18 here: ROMs ? MIUI Developers Scroll down about half a page and find the link for EVO. There's no language pack to download.

3. Download Calkulin's Format All zip here: [ Mods ][ 12-21 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes [Unlocked Tether l MMS Resize l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers Again, scroll down about halfway in the first post and look for a link labeled "format"

4. Put both of those zip files on to the root of you SD card.

5. Now boot in to recovery. I use AmonRa(2.3) so the next couple of steps will be from that point of view. I haven't used ClockWorkMod Recovery in a long while and I know it's change a lot since then. Sorry!!!

Note: Do steps 6 through 9 all in one run, with out rebooting.

6. Go to "Wipe" and choose "Wipe All(userdata/factory reset), let it do it's thing.

7. Choose "Wipe" again and one by one wipe "Cache", "Dalvik-Cache" and "Data". When that's done choose "Return".

8. Now scroll to "Flash from SD" and find the "Calkulin's Format All zip. Flash it and let it do it's thing.

Note: I know it might sound like over kill doing all of the above steps but, once I started doing that I've had not one issue flashing a ROM or restoring a Nandroid backup.

Now you should have a nice clean base to install MIUI.

9. Now when that's all done go back to "Flash from SD" and find the "MIUI 3.1.18.zip" flash it. It should take around 5 minutes or so to flash. Again just let it do it's thing.

Once it's done flashing just reboot and you should have no issues.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Updage: 3.1.18-EN

Hey fellow MIUI users.... there's a small update to 3.1.18.

Here's the info....

Gingerbread MIUI Evo 1.3.18 English Pack Update [Includes NEW miui-dev forum app :)]

You must be on 1.3.18 GINGERBREADMIUI Evo English for this flashable patch to work. THIS IS NOT FOR THE FROYO BUILD - the froyo build has the latest english pack built in!

Instructions: 1. boot into recovery 2. wipe cache, dalvik cache 3. flash english pack 1b 4. reboot

link: miuidev-1.3.18_EVO-EN-PACK1b_2.3.zip (fixed 1:01 PM Pacific Time 3/19/2011, if you downloaded before, please re-download ^^)

stiffspliff

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, thanks for all the attention over here!

I see you guys have the xda thread linked, our forums at forums.miui-dev.com will have the most updated information :) and since I can manage those forums, it's a lot easier for me to keep track of bugs/fixes. I'm not trying to redirect traffic at all >_<, I'll swing by here as much as I can. I also uploaded an updated froyo build for those that aren't comfortable with the gingerbread build.
I'm actually using the froyo build myself right now, it's really snappy.

Feel free to stop by at #miui on freenode, you can usually catch me live there most times through any days..hehe

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey stiff, thanks for swinging by. Lovin MIU Gingerbread, So far it's been awesome, stable,fast and well... kick a$$!!!! It's been my daily driver since release. Keep up the good work and thanks again for MIUI & Gingerbread.

Sent From My MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO 4G

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried it out last night..

Pros:

GREAT interface. It's subjective, I know, but there's a reason why iPhones are as popular as they are. Simple, and very clean.

As mentioned, battery is outstanding on this ROM.

Very snappy. Moves like liquid.

Some great apps built-in.

Minuses:

Yes, there's NO 4G (yet). No HDMI yet either. The big kicker for me though was figuring out Apps2sd.. Total pain in the ass compared to other roms like Warm or others. I got totally lost. Just sucks for someone like me that has a ton of apps. I'm totally clueless when it comes to things poker partitioning my sd card.. Lol.

Overall tho, great rom. When I study up on the apps2sd thing some more, I'll be swapping.. Gonna give vaelpak a shot tonight!
thanks friend, I'm on CM 7 right now, do I need to wipe and flash a different ROM for the nightly's????

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
damn this ROM is crazy. totally different than any other ROM i have ever used. Im gonna use this as my daily and see how it turns out. I've only been on for an hour messing with settings and stuff.

Seems very promising.

=)

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
it is a great rom. still having voicemail icon issues so im going back to destroyer/ cm7 because they have the option to clear.. and i have not found any real fix for that issue

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
hm....I think I have to try this out...the reason I havent yet is that I dont want my EVO looking like an iPhone....then again...i also didnt know it was themeable!

so now I will give it a chance....hopefully the pros will sway me away from ELITE S3

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
question for you guys:

on my other ROMs I usually used AutoKiller Memory Optimizer and SetCPU. do you use them?? or should I just leave the ROM alone?? I d/l them but havent given them the root access yet...I wanna see your thoughts on the matter first

mortonkd

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
question for you guys:

on my other ROMs I usually used AutoKiller Memory Optimizer and SetCPU. do you use them?? or should I just leave the ROM alone?? I d/l them but havent given them the root access yet...I wanna see your thoughts on the matter first

I use SetCPU with the performance option and it runs pretty well. It has a built in AppKiller so you really don't need a autokiller unless you don't want to bother with it.

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that my home Airave does not work with this ROM. Im guessing different radio settings.

Do you think it would hurt to flash the WiMax Radio PRL update ? I dont know if it would play nice with this ROM or hurt anything. I guess I could do nandroid first then try it right? I've never had the need to actually restore a nandroid so I'm not to sure how it work exactly.

But anybody else notice any radio issues? I think I have slightly BETTER reception actually, but still at home im in a bad area and would liek the full bars I had with the Airave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian