Bionic Case!?

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
So i was at Frys over the weekend and looking at all there Cases. Long and Behold i see this!!!

2011-05-14_16-16-12_562.jpg

2011-05-14_16-16-26_488.jpg

2011-05-14_16-16-38_758.jpg

2011-05-14_16-17-12_249.jpg

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... 865 is obviously a mistake, but that's a lot closer to 875 than 675. So maybe this is for the XT875. I don't know why we haven't heard any more information yet, if test units are out and the hardware is complete, why hasn't anyone seen it who's willing to talk about it? As important as this device is, Moto and VZW can't bear much more delay. I would think this would have to launch in about a month or so, much longer and its gonna be completely outclassed. I don't think I can hold out much longer anyway, the Charge is looking better every day.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I bet a lot of accessory manufacturers are pissed at moto since they already had the mold and obviously already started producing units then they just went & changed it on them lol

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I bet a lot of accessory manufacturers are pissed at moto since they already had the mold and obviously already started producing units then they just went & changed it on them lol

"Hello Moto, hahaha just made a joke. Listen we are pretty much done with production on the Bionic cases and are about to go live as soon as we get a loose launch date for the phone. "

"Yeah, yeah well about those dimensions and mock-ups you recieved from us. Yeah uh well you may not want to use them anymore."

"What do you mean? We have already produced 20,000 units .........in each color."

"Yeah well uh.....sorry but ummm....well..."

"What?"

"We changed the design"

"WTH do you mean you changed the design??!!!"

"Yeah well you may want to just throw them all out. We canceled that phone."

"You kidding me?!!!!!!! You just don't throw out product!!"

*Click*

"Hello?.....Hello?...HELLO?!!!........SON OF A!!!"

Sent from my Droid

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i think i figured out what the store is trying to do.

They figured out that the XT865 is not going to be in production. So they are trying to trick casual buyers that hey the case is out for the bionic, you can buy it ahead of time. And they do then later on realize its not the right case but its too late.

If the customer complains the store can just say, hey we placed the model # there, that case is for that model of bionic, even though itll never exist.

Genius.

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
"Hello Moto, hahaha just made a joke. Listen we are pretty much done with production on the Bionic cases and are about to go live as soon as we get a loose launch date for the phone. "

"Yeah, yeah well about those dimensions and mock-ups you recieved from us. Yeah uh well you may not want to use them anymore."

"What do you mean? We have already produced 20,000 units .........in each color."

"Yeah well uh.....sorry but ummm....well..."

"What?"

"We changed the design"

"WTH do you mean you changed the design??!!!"

"Yeah well you may want to just throw them all out. We canceled that phone."

"You kidding me?!!!!!!! You just don't throw out product!!"

*Click*

"Hello?.....Hello?...HELLO?!!!........SON OF A!!!"

Sent from my Droid

The conversation months prior:

"Hey Bob, Moto told us their design is subject to revision, but heyyyyy, when was the last phone that did that? None, right? If we start making these suckers now, we'll be the first to market, and we will be rock stars! We might even get those geek booth models to ...you know... "hang" with us."

"Great idea, Ted, let's do it!"

D'OH!!