No gingerbread for Desire/ inspire?

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The title says it all or am I mistaken on the models ? euro vs. usa dont really want to root :(

You may *have* to, if you want Gingerbread. But that's really not a bad thing at all, because there are any number of Gingerbread roms available right now for the HTC Inspire 4G and for the HTC Desire HD (the European version, which has been out since last Fall). Some of those Gingerbread roms are pure Gingerbread and some are hybrid roms - part Gingerbread, part HTC Sense. they're all pretty cool and offer some cool extras that you'd wait MONTHS for, if you were relying on OTA updates. Check out some of them at http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1018.

-Mike

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The title says it all or am I mistaken on the models ? euro vs. usa dont really want to root :(

I think you are mistaken. The stories you are reading are for the original Desire only. It has nothing to do with the Desire HD or Inspire. The Desire HD is our sister phone, not the original Desire. HTC has already promised gingerbread for the Inspire sometime this summer. I know there are already leaked ROMs for gingerbread on the Desire HD, and I think they have already got it. If you cannot wait for us to receive it OTA, then yes, you will have to root.

bigboi0206

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The European Equivalent to our phone is the HTC Desire HD which is the 2nd generation of the HTC Desire. 2 seperate phones altogether. The HTC Desire HD already has Gingerbread rolling out to non-carrier phones and should be hitting the rest of the line by the end of the summer.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
That tells me it is ready, and all that is left is for ATT to "test" it. I would at least like to see a leaked ROM of it, as most other phones have had leaked ROMs and official announcements. The leaked ROM would at least tell me they would make an announcement sooner rather than later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak