Honor 5x performance

plonkster

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new here. Sorry if this is redundant.

Anyway.

I had a Nexus 4 for about three years. It became so slow that I ditched it (reluctantly) and bought a new phone. Honor 5x looked great, specs, price, everything.

Problem is... it's even slower than the Nexus 4 was. I mean literally every app launch takes several seconds. Running a video in VLC means all other apps will have to be relaunched from scratch when I switch to them.

I can't have two diff Candy Crush games running at once without one being relaunched when switching to another (I know, first world problems).

Any idea what's going on? My Iphone 1 from 200x was a lot faster than this shiny brand new thing.

I don't even have a lot of apps installed. The bare minimum really, and most of the time I only use Google's apps (calendar, maps etc).

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had the Honor 5x for a brief couple of weeks and didn't notice the issues you are experiencing. Have you recently updated the software on the phone?

Gaurav Sag

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Android 5.1.1 runs very smooth, however there were some occasions where I felt that the mobile should be more faster. Especially in case switching applications – there was a discernible delay between the terminating the multi-tasking menu and changing to another application. Swiping through the home screens is speedy, however opening organizers was somewhat laggy in the main couple of occasions. When you enter an application there isn't any issue in that capacity. Just wait for the future update to overcome such kind of issue

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
As Gaurav stated, the phone will run better on Marshmallow - from what I have read the update is already being pushed out. Perhaps it's worth while heading into your settings and seeing if you have an update available for 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I've had no issues, but maybe 6.0 will be better. It's coming out soon, still in beta

Posted via the Honor 5x on Android 6.0.1 ;)

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Please check this- https://club.hihonor.com/in/honor5x...-a-featured-packed-phone-honor-5x-it-is-.3251
Memory/RAM Management- EMUI does take care of this on its own by inbuilt mechanism by clearing the apps (if app is not enabled as protected app in setting) from the memory and make it available for user for multitasking.
SO, if you want your apps to be in RAM, enable them as protected app for faster switching or else everytime you open a new app, last app may be cleared by EMUI inbuilt mechanism to get more RAM free for multitasking.

I am currently on Marshmallow (Beta) and have used Lollipop as well and phone is fine...just enable the app for protected app and post review.

Also, you can check my profile or Honor community for other Honor 5X posts which may be useful for you in regards to feature, tips and tricks etc.
@ https://club.hihonor.com/in/user/center/33429

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
You can change the processor clock speed by going to Phone Manager and changing the power mode to performance instead of smart.

HonorUSA_Salvus

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I recommend you try out the new Marshmellow update if you haven't already. It should run smoothly on your Honor 5x and may solve some of the issues you described. This is a staged rollout, so it could take up to a week for your device to receive the update.

Go to Settings > Updater > Check for updates. . We plan to upload the full firmware file to our support site: support for users to manually install it.

Hope this helps!

https://club.hihonor.com/us/honor5x.26/new-software-update-now-available-for-honor-5x.462