Just a few questions regarding the Honor 8 Settings

jerichoi224

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding the honor 8 settings

Does anyone know what the "Always send and receive MMS" and "Mobile data Always On" Settings really do??
I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was tweaking with.

Additionally, Is there any way to use the finger print scanner without using the PIN or Password?
I just wanted to use the fingerprint to unlock apps and stuff, but I wanted to keep my magazine lock, as it just looks amazing.
Does anyone know if there's any way?
Thanks.~

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
For the second question, I don't think so.

The settings you mentioned should do what they sound like, allowing for mms to be sent and received on your phone. Turning it off would disable mms.

I think the other one controls if the radio is off when the device is asleep. Not 100% sure.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the "always send and receive MMS" blocks your device from receiving them. Since these messages also use data people may want to turn them off, however I could be wrong. In terms of mobile data it could always keep the radio on even when it is not needed...If this is the case I don't know why it would be used.

As per the fingerprint settings, no the pin feature needs to be activated as well.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the "always send and receive MMS" blocks your device from receiving them. Since these messages also use data people may want to turn them off, however I could be wrong. In terms of mobile data it could always keep the radio on even when it is not needed...If this is the case I don't know why it would be used.

As per the fingerprint settings, no the pin feature needs to be activated as well.

You can hide the pin unlock screen until you swipe to still allow the lock screen to be visible.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You can manage fingerprint under 'Fingerprint management' where you can choose what you want to use it for.

Attachments

• 1035.jpg
    1035.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch