Fingerprint sensor not working well after nougat update

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I came from a galaxy S7 edge to the Honor 8 back in November and the thing that impressed me the most was the speed and accuracy of the fingerprint sensor. I found it to be far quicker and more responsive. I also really liked the gesture abilities, particularly the swipe down for notifications. At first I didn't really get this feature, but grew to really appreciate it.
However, I've had major issues since the nougat update. Now my fingerprint sensor is considerably slower, but even more frustrating is that the swipe down for notifications only works about once every five times I try it. Used to work perfectly every time. Anyone else experiencing this? Really hope it's just a bug and will get fixed with a minor update soon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I think I notice a lag with my fingerprint scanner, but I'm always unsure if it's "just me." Perhaps this is a bug that will be fixed with ensuing updates.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
There is a known bug that after you unlock your phone the fingerprint sensor won't work for gestures - swipe down. There is no workaround for it so far other than to just press once and then it will start working.

Last edited: