problem just started - unable to shutdown when in webos

nfigot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I Googled this and couldn't find a good answer so hoping one of you have seen this.

Just started today - I had the 1/1/1970 date issue - so reset date and thought everything was ok. The android side seems to be working again and this might be unrelated, but when I'm in Webos now I can't get shutdown to work. I am finding that I have to force reboot (power+2nd key (home key?)).

Anyhow - that forces a shutdown and I can restart etc from there, but once again I can't shutdown - selecting shutdown or reboot (I use advanced reboot from preware) fails to do anything forcing a forced reboot to shutdown.

Any ideas?

I'm running 3.04, Uberkernal at 1.5Ghz and dual boot between Webos and Android via 2.1a.

thanks for any suggestions.

I just tried shutdown via settings device info, shutdown and that still works fine btw - very strange.

Oh I also tried removing advanced reboot to see if that was a problem, but same symptoms.

UPDATE

I did a save package list under Preware,installed and ran EPR, installed all from saved package list in Preware and everything seems to be back and working again. Oddly enough I also lost sound prior to re-installing all. Something got waaaaay messed up, but seem to be ok again. All this happened after the 1/1/1970 issue many saw today so maybe it was related. In any event glad again to be in business.

Neil

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo