Help with Widgets

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
First off - CM7 a2 is fantastic! The install was painless and my TP is so much more functional - love it. :)

Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong with Widgets because I can't seem to add any except the ones that came with CM7.

I wanted a better battery indicator so I went to the Google Marketplace, found a few to check out and downloaded them. The problem I'm having is when I go back to the desktop, long press to get the menu and select Widgets, the new widgets don't show up. Am I missing a step or is this a known thing with a2?

Thanks -

Reactions: gathome

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps they need activated or something, go to your programs menu that shows everything installed and look for your battery widget and select it. If that fails which it probably will then try a reboot.

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Ah-ha! Figured out my problem and solved another for the same reason. I read in another CM7 forum about a similar problem that was due to installing the widgets on SD instead of the device memory. I had read yesterday the blog entry about "11 Things all CM7 users should know" and it described the CM7 setting to default to installing to the SD - which I changed so everything I've been installing is going there.

Simple fix - moved the widgets back to the device memory and they showed up in the widget menu!

The other problem (minor) I had is the "Live" wallpaper I set would revert back to the CM7 default when I rebooted. It was also installed on SD and moving it back to device memory fixed that too.

Rule of thumb seems to be, full on apps, games etc are usually fine on SD - things that are tighter to the environment like widgets, wallpapers etc. should be stored on the device memory.

Posted in case others run into a similar issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89