CM9 (Android 4.0) on Touchpad: Sneak Peek

crutzulee

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Very excited about this development!!!!

It's going to be hard to be patient but I'll probably sit on the sidelines for a few iterations of ICS until they get video playback working.

Still, every development moves us closer! I'm just glad they are still working on it and generous enough to share their releases along the way. With what I suspect are differences in HP hardware, I think the more releases the better.

leebtyler

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i sooo cannot wait for this. these guys are awesome, i will definately donate once i get the chance, this deserves to be supported, been using CM7 for a while now and loving it over WebOS.

any speculative release date?:'(

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
CM7 is being deprecated once CM9 is made available, per the comments from the CM team member that posted in the YouTube video. Right now, though, 100% of their resources are already dedicated to CM9 development per @dalingrin on Twitter (the CM for Touchpad leader).

Also, the CyanogenMod for Touchpad team doesn't accept donations; they want people donation to the EFF (http://eff.org) instead for their efforts to secure Internet freedom.

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Cannot wait for this.

Still use webOS as my main system but like having Android as a backup. 2.3 is ok but it's still a phone O/S so hopefully all the little things that bug me about it will be fixed in 4.0