Notification Scheme

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
So how will this work? There is no always-on screen. Will there be a stock pop-up over the lock screen? Is there a functional and programmable LED? I passed on the M8 because the size of the LED was unusable and it shut off after a few minutes. Has that changed for the 10? Phil? :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
All signs point to no real changes. Articles seem to indicate pulling directly from Googles notification scheme. Haven't read anything expanding that thought though.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
No changes that I see however you can get the HTC case for your phone it has notifications that can programmed to show mail, text, missed calls and what not.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
No changes that I see however you can get the HTC case for your phone it has notifications that can programmed to show mail, text, missed calls and what not.

I wonder if you can just put a magnet in that spot to get it to display? Ice Cover review said there was a magnetic button to tell phone that Ice cover was present.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
This lack of what is now basic functionality seems on choice by HTC. I'm spoiled by the 2nd display on the V10 which is ideal for notifications but was hoping HTC would at least keep up with other flagships and offer some kind of Always On function.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
This lack of what is now basic functionality seems on choice by HTC. I'm spoiled by the 2nd display on the V10 which is ideal for notifications but was hoping HTC would at least keep up with other flagships and offer some kind of Always On function.

While I agree I was hoping for something more flexible or more intuitive other than a single color light; I know the LCD wont be able to give an AO functionality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk