US Variant in Japan

TSkizzle

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So just found out I'm gonna be moving to Japan in the next couple of months. I had been planning on getting the Unlocked ATT variant of the HTC 10. Anyone know if this will work there. I've tried googling and asking HTC directly but haven't had a lot of luck so figured I'd ask you helpful folks. I know the phone will be sold in Japan also, but don't really want to wait til I get there to grab one. Anyone have any insight?

TSkizzle

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still rocking the M8 and while I love the phone I need to upgrade. It'll be another 6 months until I move and I just don't think I can wait it out. Plus I already have awesome earbuds.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So just found out I'm gonna be moving to Japan in the next couple of months. I had been planning on getting the Unlocked ATT variant of the HTC 10. Anyone know if this will work there. I've tried googling and asking HTC directly but haven't had a lot of luck so figured I'd ask you helpful folks. I know the phone will be sold in Japan also, but don't really want to wait til I get there to grab one. Anyone have any insight?

Dude you are going to have the best cell phones in the world at your disposal over there. Some amazing stuff depending on carrier. Jealous!

Posted via the Android Central App

sunbath1

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm still rocking the M8 and while I love the phone I need to upgrade. It'll be another 6 months until I move and I just don't think I can wait it out. Plus I already have awesome earbuds.

6 months seems be forever. Go for it, you deserve a new shiny 10 ;)

TSkizzle

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Dude you are going to have the best cell phones in the world at your disposal over there. Some amazing stuff depending on carrier. Jealous!
Posted via the Android Central App

That's what I hear so I'm pretty stoked. I still want to get the 10 though. I'll rock it for at least a year then see what craziness I can get there.

Last edited:

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Guess no one has an answer to this?

I recently went to japan for my job and to the Philippines and my note 5 worked just fine over there. I didn't pay to much attention to if I got LTE but the speeds were fast. My note 5 is not the ATT version however ATT is my carrier. I purchased the unlocked N-920C which seems to have the same bands as the HTC 10 I would assume it should be able to work just pop their sim card in it since it is unlocked. Your best bet is to visit the website willmyphonework.net and put the htc 10 in and select destination it should reflect there. I do know you will not get 2G over there as most if not all of their carriers do not support it period , we are behind in the states when it comes to cellular service Japan leads pretty much everyone when it comes to bands and what not. I would just get the version that is being sold over there just to be sure that all bands work.