Why is my Android Os using 40% of My Battery after the 7.0 update

A

AC Question

I have updated to 7.0 and seen really poor battery performance. The Android OS seems to be using 40-56% of the battery. I have contacted HTC who told me I will have to wait until the next update, has anyone had similar experiences/solutions?

Thanks

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a cache clear or factory reset? "N" is a big update and that could def help. HTC support is beyond clueless if they didn't suggest it.

Monkymark79

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi Yes did at least 2 factory resets before I got in touch with them and has made no difference. It has been like it for 3 weeks know they suggested putting it in to airplane mode over night to make the battery last longer turning bluetooth off has helped with battery life but the Android system is still using way more than my wife's who has not updated to N today the android system is using 63% I have just wiped cache and this has reduced the Android OS to 58?% the android system is using 20%. Will see if these reduce over the day.

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I have updated to 7.0 and seen really poor battery performance. The Android OS seems to be using 40-56% of the battery. I have contacted HTC who told me I will have to wait until the next update, has anyone had similar experiences/solutions?

Thanks
Have you factory data rest ur cell if not dan do it... After that ur facing same problem. Then install any good custom rom ur problem will b solve.. i was facing same probem... By installing custom rom my problem solved

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
What about apps... Someone's it could be a rouge app that doesn't play well with Nougat... Does this still happen even when you don't install any personal apps?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
That's strange, ok just to be clear, what about when you factory reset does your phone auto update from Google Play all the system apps and services...? If so roll back to factory versions for as many apps and services as you possibly can or/and better still disable Google Play from​ automatically updating apps when it first connects after factory reset...

However if it's still acting weird even before you update any apps then maybe you need to do the opposite and update all htc and Google services framework apps to the latest version.

If those two methods doesn't work then I'm at a loss... and it could be that you need to go down the root phone method...

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
That's strange, ok just to be clear, what about when you factory reset does your phone auto update from Google Play all the system apps and services...? If so roll back to factory versions for as many apps and services as you possibly can or/and better still disable Google Play from​ automatically updating apps when it first connects after factory reset...

However if it's still acting weird even before you update any apps then maybe you need to do the opposite and update all htc and Google services framework apps to the latest version.

If those two methods doesn't work then I'm at a loss... and it could be that you need to go down the root phone method...
Bro just install any custom rom and see