How can I get Whatsapp images folder for backup on my SD card?

A

AC Question

Whatsapp Media and Storage Issue ( HTC Desire 310)

I have a HTC Desire 310. Using it as a temporary phone. Now i bought a SD card and inserted it in my phone. Via the File Manager i Cut and pasted the Whatsapp Images folder for backup in my Sd card. Then the images vanished from showing up in gallery and also from the Media that we see on each chat. i cut pasted it back to the original location in phone memory. Still many of my photos are not showing up in gallery. And not even the Media of each particular chat. Please help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp Media and Storage Issue ( HTC Desire 310)

Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the SD card is corrupt, which is why the photos weren't showing up. Then when you copied the files back to Internal Storage, some of the files remained corrupt.

Try connecting your phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to copy those images to your hard drive. Do they display correctly on the computer? Or are the photos that are missing from the Gallery app showing as "broken"?

Also, unmount the SD card from the phone (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into the computer. Then run chkdsk to check for bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html