Can't Set Speed Dial After Installing 2.1

adervaes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I put the Verizon OTA version of 2.1 on my Eris phone today and so far the only problem I've encountered is not being able to add a speed dial number to my contacts in People. I go through the motions of designating a speed number for a particular contact and save the revised file, but the speed dial designation just disappears - it doesn't take.

Is there a fix for this?

raze813

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
same thing here.... also a buddy of mine got his update from verizon and cant set his speed dials either.

anyone found a solution for this?

utfan

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue along with force close on the calendar, only solution I could find for either was to do a factory reset. Probably not what you wanted to hear...

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset

Same here. After update I could not add speed dial. Tried everything no go. Finally a reset and it was fine. Problem was I had the phone set up just like i wanted it. Pain in the ars but it fixed it.

HowardWi

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. You mention a reset. That means reinstall of all programs and data, but you still keep 2.1.

Is that correct?

utfan

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. You mention a reset. That means reinstall of all programs and data, but you still keep 2.1.

Is that correct?

Correct, you keep 2.1 and anything in google/gmail.. make sure you have all your contacts on gmail and not on the phone. Any user settings you have on the phone will go away.. Backup your apps, they get blown away too. Depending on how customised your phone settings and screens are, it's not a huge deal.

adervaes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
After spending a lot time on the phone with HTC support (866 449-8358) the recommended solution was to do a factory reset. It solved the sync problem and also the problem of not being able to set speed dials on contacts.. You do loose everything and have to start all over again re-programing the phone with Verizon, signing in to email accounts and Google,, re-establishing settings, and downloading apps. That was a hassle but at the end, everything worked as it was supposed to. Once Google synch'd, the favorites and contacts all came back.

To do the "hard reset", go to Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset and follow the prompts.

VA_Joe

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hard reset worked for me.

Then I found this on HTC forum:
"This is a very Easy fix and a Reset is not needed all you have to do is clear the app data for the following items:
settings>Applications>Manage Applications >Dialer

settings>Applications>Manage Applications >Contacts Storage

this Should have you up an running"

Others have reported success.

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I love these forums. Thanks VA Joe. Huge help solving this frustrating issue. Re-synced contacts after clearing data and the speed dial issue is solved.