Eris is on the way out!?

How does the end of the Eris in may change your future purchase ideas

• Total voters

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
You know what, I voted that I was getting the incredible but I do love my eris still. I mean I a way, the eris, for a lot of us, was our first android phone. Like your first time, it wasn't the best but you learned a lot!

jeffgman

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm not planning on buying another phone a while. My Eris is a great phone and will continue to do what I need from it. Just because Verizon is not going to sell it anymore really doesn't matter to me.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If I like the incredible I may switch I need a flash for the camera I use it for work. But if I don't like the feel then staying with the ERIS.

jeffgman

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
does this hurt our chance on getting 2.1?

I don't think so. Verizon and HTC have already spend a lot of time and money on creating and testing the update. I doubt highly they would abandon it. Also, it would be in HTC and Verizon's best interest to get all of their phones on the same, or at least pretty close to the same, version of software.

Jeff

gotwood3001

Mar 30, 2010
www.facebook.com
I almost feel cheated for getting this phone. But I really don't, I mean I got it for free and all. But what about all the people that spent all there money on these. They better support this phone like any other phone.

alk1

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I love my Eris, everything gets retired eventually. In the world of high tech devices change is common new devices get released constantly. I am sure we will all get a useful long life for the Eris, until we move on to our next new toy. Amen!!! Alas poor Eris we knew you well.

jeffgman

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I almost feel cheated for getting this phone. But I really don't, I mean I got it for free and all. But what about all the people that spent all there money on these. They better support this phone like any other phone.

I am sure the phone will continue to be supported. I wouldn't be surprised if we do not see another software update past version 2.1 though.

Jeff

G

GenericMessage

Many people own and love the eris! Its a pity they are replacing it two times over with the N1 and the Incredible.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Devices come and go. I'll use my Eris untill either I break it or loose it. In either of those events, I'll pick up a replacement phone and start all over. No skin off my back.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Although i'm with Sprint and have the Hero, both phones are very similar.

With that in mind, it is quite unfortunate that the Eris is reaching EOL so fast

As long as you have craigslist and ebay, along with 2.1 update, everyone should be fine.

gotwood3001

Mar 30, 2010
www.facebook.com
I do believe the Eris is a fine entry way for any newbie to the smart phone community. This is my first smart phone, and am very pleased with it. (except the for the battery life) I love all the cool features it has to offer. Once a newer one comes out and I will get that one too, when my two years are up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa