Get'cha CM9 goodness heeya!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think there may be some issues with the gapps Joelz provides for this ROM. I couldn't complete the setup wizard all the way and Google Talk crashes all the time. He may have thrown a new gapps up on his DL link, but the original had issues.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I flashed the latest nighly build, then flashed the Sense removal tool and got to the setup screen but then there was no UI after that. I got the lock screen, but when I unlocked it I just got a blank screen with a notification bar at the top. I didn't install the kernel, but it should intially work without a different kernel shouldn't it?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It should work! Try reflashing it again it might have taken the first time. Launcher pro is the new launcher that comes with it. I rebooted first before I flashed the script. Then I set everything up then flashed.

Sent from my PG86100

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I reflashed the nighly and it's booting all the way up, but into Sense of course. I'm not seeing any other launcher available. Do I need to DL this from the market or is it hidden in there somewhere?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
it should have launcher pro already installed. at least it did for me but i removed that also and installed vanilla core. just install an extra launcher just to be safe before flashing it.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, gotcha. There is no other launcher installed with this ROM, which is probably why I had the problem when I ran the script after I flashed the ROM. I will DL a launcher from the market then run the script and see what happens. Is it the removal of Sense that makes it so fast? Even with Sense this ROM is pretty snappy!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It's the fact that sense isn't hogging all the resources from the phone. I have quite a bit more RAM and its definitely faster IMO.

Sent from my PG86100

tbooker22

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Smartphone world, but I do want to Root my HTC 3D evo, but I have no ideal where to start, can anyone point this noob into the right direction!?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's a long process, but you need to start by identifying what hboot you have. Most of the rooting guides will walk you through the process. When did you get your phone? Have you run all the latest updates from Sprint? When you bough your phone is not that important because I just got a replacement phone from Sprint 2 weeks ago and it had hboot 1.4. If you have run all the latest updates, then you are probably on hboot 1.5 and this presents a few problems that make it a little more difficult for flashing ROMs. I am going to assume that you are on hboot 1.5 and point you here as a good place to start...

[GUIDE] HTC Unlock Hboot 1.50 + TWRP Recovery + Root + Flash!! [9.11.11] - xda-developers

I had hboot 1.5 on my first EVO3D and this is the process I followed. It's a lengthy process so be willing to commit to it before starting. Once you have root access and unlock your bootloader custom ROMs will give you the full potential of the phone. It's worth the time investment, especially if you are technically minded and enjoy gadgets!

Reactions: jean15paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus