Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is CarrierIQ / CIQ / IQAgent installed on Evo 3D?

I want to get the Evo 3D but would like to know if Carrier IQ is installed on it. Could someone check for me please?

Default Re: Is CarrierIQ / CIQ / IQAgent installed on Evo 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by twolostminds View Post
    I want to get the Evo 3D but would like to know if Carrier IQ is installed on it. Could someone check for me please?
    Don't see it - What is it ?

ChasDROID
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier IQ is a metrics collection software package that Sprint has previously installed on all their Android phones with the exception of the Nexus S. It usually shows up under running applications as IQAgent or something similarly named. Carrier IQ also has some disturbingly invasive capabilities that could place a users personal information at risk. If the Evo 3D does not have it installed, I want to dump my Epic4G for it.

Pretty sure the 3D doesn't have it. I know the program you're talking about and it doesn't show up in System Panel or running services.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP Stable

Quote Originally Posted by kcodya View Post
    Pretty sure the 3D doesn't have it. I know the program you're talking about and it doesn't show up in System Panel or running services.
    I see hide nor hare of it as well. Unless it is hidden it's not under running processes or under all like it used to be. It was easy to spot on my Hero as well as my Optimus S. By the way Nick7 figured out a way to remove it from the Optimus S anyone that has it in there phone might wanna hit him for info it might be a simple to change it to other android sprint devices.... then again I dunno. But I can verify that I don't see it either on my 3D.

I see it in my app cache, now that it is rooted.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CIQ is present on the Evo3D as of the new 2.3.4 update
    ROM Developer

Carrier
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman View Post
    CIQ is present on the Evo3D as of the new 2.3.4 update
    Correct!

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

How do we get rid of it?

If the 3D is like other Sprint devices, CIQ is present but not active. The only benefit to removing it may be slightly increased phone performance, but this requires modifying many system/framework files.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
    ROM Developer

Carrier
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If the 3D is like other Sprint devices, CIQ is present but not active. The only benefit to removing it may be slightly increased phone performance, but this requires modifying many system/framework files.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
    No, its active man, trust me. I did however remove it from MY ROM at the kernel level AND Framework level. (Freeza ripped it at the kernel level and I just tore the rest of it out at the framework level)

So yeah, its embedded very deep, its active, but can be removed. You will not be removing it from stock without flashing custom ROM or at a minimum flashing Freezas kernel (which my ROM uses) and using root explorer to remove the apks, libs and modules. And if your going to do that... Might as well just flash a custom ROM, lol

-Scott
    ragnarokx likes this.