Evo 3d shuts off randomly.

taojin

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got an EVO 3D on the 1st It's great but I noticed a dead pixel on it so I took it back to the Sprint store I got it at and they replaced it somewhat begrudgingly. I love the new one but now It's randomly restarting, I've reset it but It's still doing it. There seems to be no rhyme or reason but it does it every time I go to view a video I took on the 4th. I was curious if I can get an exchange on it cause It's the second one in the 30 day window?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got an EVO 3D on the 1st It's great but I noticed a dead pixel on it so I took it back to the Sprint store I got it at and they replaced it somewhat begrudgingly. I love the new one but now It's randomly restarting, I've reset it but It's still doing it. There seems to be no rhyme or reason but it does it every time I go to view a video I took on the 4th. I was curious if I can get an exchange on it cause It's the second one in the 30 day window?

It shouldn't matter, any issues you have, that warrant a return, they should fix it or replace it.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I have one dead pixel as well. I am debating whether to return it or not. It is almost not noticeable but it really bugs me.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

taojin

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't deal with a dead pixel, but the random restarts is ridiculous. Im hoping I can call Sprint and get an exchange cause I hate dealing with the people at the store, they love you at the store when your buying but god forbid there's a problem with what you just bought. As long as they don't try to send me a refurb cause this is my second exchange.

Hstuscav

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any dead pixels thankfully, however I am having the random restart issue also so I don't think it's your phone. It did no start happening to mine until I did the ota update, have you done the update? Omg as I am typing this on my iPad my phone sitting next t me it just did it again lol, well hopefully they come out with an ota fix soon or a full root lol...

guybear

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Evo 3D for a week now and the phone would shut off on it's own at least twice a day and I wouldn't be able to turn it back on unless I removed the battery and put it back in. Went to Sprint and they replaced the phone with a new one. I've only had it a few hours but so far so good. Is anyone else having the same problem. (Also, sometimes when the phone would shut off, the 4 buttons at the bottom would stay lit).

lars47

May 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife's EVO 3D started randomly rebooting. This was her second 3D too. The first one, the screen went a weird rainbow snow, and the phone became a brick. So when her second phone started with the random reboots, she got seriously annoyed.

I decided to call HTC and see what advice they could offer. A tech walked me through a factory reset, which we were kind of loathe to do as it would reset all my wife's customizations. But we did it, and so far so good, it's been a couple days and she hasn't noticed any reboots. It involves powering the phone off, then holding down the down volume key while powering it on. That gets you to the boot loader, where there's a factory reset option.

I wonder if the cause may have been the particular sequence of updates that HTC released, applied over time. Her phone definitely had HTC updates appear after the reset, and we applied them all in one go. It's been stable as far as I know.

taojin

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint and they told me to take it back to the store I bought it. They said I was still in my 30 day window and I was within my right. I went to the store and the manager was doing everything he could to tell me I was wrong, I said if the phone doesn't work It's not him who's paying my monthly bill. I wasn't trying to be an a** but I just want my phone to work well. He told me that he'd swap it out but that it would be a final sale..... I guess I was in better company when I was buying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer