$18 upgrade fee

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So fought for 1 hour with generic customer service to get fee waived. Called and asked for account services and complained to cancel and they waived. How many people to they screw with this fee? Probably tons.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
So fought for 1 hour with generic customer service to get fee waived. Called and asked for account services and complained to cancel and they waived. How many people to they screw with this fee? Probably tons.
Happened to me last week in store.
I spoke with retentions got fee waived.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep ... For every person that they waive the fee for there are 3 more people that will just pay ... It's a percentage game like mail-in rebates .

trance728

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I always call account services for anything, that way I don't have to deal with the lower level people that can't or won't let me do what I want

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually had a great guy in retentions.. I have THREE Lines on my account, one hasn't been used in forever (Got it for my mom to use, she then went with her own carrier out of the blue leaving me with a line i was stuck paying $20 a month for)..

Called to cancel it, and they actually credited my account for the 8 months I had left on that ONE line as well as my new E3D activation fee just because. So I was pretty happy.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are premier and order online, you do not get that fee. I got mine through a best buy so I got charged it too, for both lines I upgraded. They credited them off no problem.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just pissed me off since they sit there and tell you that no one gets the fee waived and they work there and blah blah blah... And they sound racist

elder_shawn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just used Chat and had the charges off in about 5 minutes. I told them I felt like they were nickel and diming me and that I'm a loyal customer with multiple lines. He said he had to talk to the supervisor (or just waited a min) and then waived the fees.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It only took me 5 mins to get the fee waived LOL... Just told them why do I have to pay that fee if they have me for 2 more years and she said I've been a good customer for a long time and she waived the fee... Now that's customer service LOL :)

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine through telesales and ended up receiving an upgrade on a different line on my account, which happened to have been upgraded just a few months ago. They actually offered. So, I actually still have another upgrade I can use if I want. I put this on my bill so I didn't have to pay for it right away. I may be proven wrong later but for now I can say Sprint has been very good to me. I have been with them 9 years now.

EDIT : I did not have to pay the fee.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I called the retention number today and asked about removing the installment fee. The guy I spoke to was pretty nice and we chit chatted about the 3D as he was looking into the fee. He ended up giving me a $25 credit since I also had to get a replacement 3D. Basically just gave me the credit cause I asked nicely.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I called the retention number today and asked about removing the installment fee. The guy I spoke to was pretty nice and we chit chatted about the 3D as he was looking into the fee. He ended up giving me a $25 credit since I also had to get a replacement 3D. Basically just gave me the credit cause I asked nicely.

I'm glad that things eventually worked out for you.

efallows

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with a rep today on Sprint chat. I found it extremely easy to the get the $18 back. Just state your facts and be pleasant. In my case, I have had multiple lines with Sprint for over 8 years with a good standing account.