Bought EVO 3D, want to exchange it for a new one.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I have an 3VO, but it's having some hardware issues. Data connectivity, the screen is tilted to the left, etc.

I wanted to exchange it for a new one. It still hasn't been 30 days since I got my phone. It sounds easy, but I didn't buy it from a Sprint store. I bought online from Sprint.com, telesales.

I searched for a link but couldn't find one to just exchange my phone.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Take it to a Sprint store. That shouldn't be an issue. I bought mine from Radio Shack but returned it for an exchange at a Sprint store after it locked up and wouldn't work.

taojin

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I have an 3VO, but it's having some hardware issues. Data connectivity, the screen is tilted to the left, etc.

Good luck on the misaligned screen, just about everyone I know is having that issue. I'm on my third and they all have had the screen issue, on the upside it is ever so slight.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I wanted to exchange it for a new one. It still hasn't been 30 days since I got my phone. It sounds easy, but I didn't buy it from a Sprint store. I bought online from Sprint.com, telesales.

I searched for a link but couldn't find one to just exchange my phone.

I also bought mine from Sprint telesales and exchanged it at a corporate Sprint store with no issues (first one had a dead pixel). Before I left the store though, I spent at least 30 minutes making sure the screen on the new Evo was perfect, no dead pixels, no scratches, etc. To my surprise, after 30 minutes of really scrutinizing every inch of the new device, I actually found a minor scratch on the screen of the newly exchanged phone so I had them exchange it again. They weren't happy about having to exchange it a second time but they couldn't accuse me of scratching it myself because I had been in the store the entire time with the new phone with them watching me.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I really do appreciate it. I'm probably going to go to a Sprint store tomorrow and hope that they'll let me exchange it.

I hope to God it doesn't have a misaligned screen. That's probably my biggest issue. I'm so OCD when it comes to things like that. I was reading online on how to fix it, but doing so would void my warranty. I'm probably going to open the phone there as well to see if it passes my "OCD Test". Hopefully everything will go down easily.

deejaycrash

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Use the dead pixel test application from the market, and compare the lcd to the black screen print on the actual glass... I have seen several with the screens being askew. I've had 2 and neither has been straight...

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Im ordering my replacement as we speak from order support,,, But it's just to get back to pre OTA hboot ;)

I would not be surprised you get one that you wont like. What is point of getting the older h-boot when htc will be unlocking it in a month or so. It is not like you cant have temp root with the new h-boot. There is no advantage of h-boot pre ota.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I would not be surprised you get one that you wont like. What is point of getting the older h-boot when htc will be unlocking it in a month or so. It is not like you cant have temp root with the new h-boot. There is no advantage of h-boot pre ota.

Well my attempts at an old hboot were futile, the new phone came pre updated :( - The screen also seems to be a tiny bit dimmer, but on the upside the new ones screen is straight and not tilted like the old one... Maybe just me but the 3D seems a lil easier on the eyes now and clearer...

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the misalignment or dead pixels on mine either. I guess if I have to scrutinize that closely then it isn't an issue for me.