Question about Tele navigation app

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use the Telenav app and it says downloading files for first time users, then the screen just goes white. But if I open The Google Maps app and put in a destination, I get to select if i want to use Telenav or Google Maps. If I select Telenav, it seems to work fine. But as soon as I hit menu and exit navigation...it takes me right back to a white screen.

Have anyone else encountered this issue and if so is it a fix for it?

It works perfectly fine on my Shift and my wife's OG Evo

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried Telenav on my 3D as I have found Google navigation works wondrously well. I started up Telenav and it informed me an update was required. I am downloading and will test when done.

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Works fine for me. After downloading the first time user data, it white screened, but came out of it and asked me to upgrade or use free. I selected free, and it started right up. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use the Telenav app and it says downloading files for first time users, then the screen just goes white. But if I open The Google Maps app and put in a destination, I get to select if i want to use Telenav or Google Maps. If I select Telenav, it seems to work fine. But as soon as I hit menu and exit navigation...it takes me right back to a white screen.

Have anyone else encountered this issue and if so is it a fix for it?

It works perfectly fine on my Shift and my wife's OG Evo
I have an issue that a lot of the time i open Telenav I get the "downloading for the first time..." message A LOT! It is annoying and I dont know why it always does this. I dont go and clear my cache/saved data either. Why would it keep saying downloading for the first time?

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Sprint Telenav OTA files can be downloaded here.

I worked for Sprint for 5 years and I'm now at an agent location with a service dept.

Sprint Navigator.

If this doesn't work, Google Sprint Telenav OTA from the phone and follow the link

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Works fine for me. After downloading the first time user data, it white screened, but came out of it and asked me to upgrade or use free. I selected free, and it started right up. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it 2 or 3 times and still I jet get the white screen and nothing else. You said you got pass the white screen, how long did it take to get pass it?

I have an issue that a lot of the time i open Telenav I get the "downloading for the first time..." message A LOT! It is annoying and I dont know why it always does this. I dont go and clear my cache/saved data either. Why would it keep saying downloading for the first time?

Me too, everytime I open the app, it says its downloading files as well.

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
are you doing a battery pull after you uninstall. Try force closing & clearing data and cache. and hold the power button and select restart. also remove any widget you may have from the homescreen before you do all of that

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
are you doing a battery pull after you uninstall. Try force closing & clearing data and cache. and hold the power button and select restart. also remove any widget you may have from the homescreen before you do all of that

Ok..giving this a try now...give me a sec

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Ok..tried all that and got the same results...a white screen.

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
also Go to menu, applications, manage applications and try this. Select Telenav and when it opens hit the "uninstall updates" "clear data" and make sure its not moved to the SD card for now. Once you get it working you can try to move it but I'd leave it the on phone for now.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Im not rooted but i can root it i guess. I tried going into settings, manage aoos, uninstall updates..but the result was same. I also deleted cache and data, rebooted, pulled battery... Not in the he same sequence. But i still just get the white screen.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk