Phone kept rebooting...now EVERY app needs force close?

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
After like the 5th reboot in a row I pulled the battery....my phone turned on like normal. Everything loaded up fine, then I was hit with a wave of popups telling me to force close because an app wasn't working properly. They keep coming...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I would try a hard reset. Sounds like your software got corrupt some how. If that doesn't work I'd bring it into Sprint.

I am guessing the phone is not rooted.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This process contains Contacts, Home and a couple of other things. That is what I found when I googled it.

Sorry not to use to the Android OS yet in these terms.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So with that being said my guess is your contacts have some issue. I saw a lot of issues with FB contacts and email contacts. I'd still just hard reset if it was me.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow they wont give you a new one? That's pretty sad. You go to a corp store? I bet if you complain enough you will just get a new one. Normally Sprint is on the ball when it comes to customer service.

Good luck let us know if the hard reset works for you! Sounds like it will though!

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It's working for now...but seeing how my pattern is....it'll be randomly rebooting again next weekend lol. Hopefully they send out an ota to fix power cycling...

UnifiedTechs

Jul 8, 2011
www.unifiedtechs.com
Had the exact same thing happen to my Sprint Epic, funny someone mentioned contacts because I had just edited one on my Exchange server through outlook when it started.

Unfortunitly when I tried a hard reset it refused to boot at all, good news is it was 15 days old so I returned it for the Evo 3D... much happier now!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It's working for now...but seeing how my pattern is....it'll be randomly rebooting again next weekend lol. Hopefully they send out an ota to fix power cycling...

About the second week I had my E3D I noticed my battery was a little loose in the battery compartment. I put 2 layers of business card about 3/8"wide opposite the contacts and it doesn't wiggle around now. I never had any reboot issues up till then but coming from 2 years with a Pre I know all about random reboots and loose batteries. lol Someone posted over at XDA that their E3D started rebooting after they put in an after market battery and they put a piece of rubber band to shim it towards the contacts and solved the problem. Good luck with your reboot issue. :)