Torrenting with phone

jheiii

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I installed ttorent. Just downloaded a few things and must say this is impressive.150MB in 1.5 hours. Steady download connection, had the 4G on.

Now listening to what was downloaded and it works great!

Anyone else torrent on your E3d?

jheiii

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Was testing it out on the 4G instead of Wifi. I'm at the office where we have a couple T1 lines and could use that, but wanted to test the 4G. I will say over Wifi it is very fast. Downloaded a similarly sized file in about 20 mins.

Last edited:

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
could you perhaps do a test comparing your torrent donload via wifi to your evo and wifi to a laptop? I'm curious to see what the difference will be

playersnoopy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
150MB in 1.5 hours??? wtf... Something must be off. Even 3G is faster than that... I had to download most Gameloft games in 3G mode because it can't over 4G for some reason and each were 250MB and pretty fast.

I've downloaded 700MB from rapidshare on my computer through my wifi tethering through 4G and was pretty much my laptop's max wifi speeds.

As for using a T1 line... it'd be the same speed as 3G and your 4G would be faster assuming you have a decent 4G connection and not too many people using it.

mhadler#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Your speed downloading torrent files is not just based on your phone's data speed. It's also dependent upon the seeders. It's quite possible that the torrent would have downloaded in the same time on a T3 connection as a 3g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty