downloading e-mail attachments repeatedly

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
how do i stop the phone from downloading e-mail attachments repeatedly. i have already deleted the e-mail from the phone. i know this e-mail is from a trusted source. it got to the point where it filled my 8gig memory card with nothing but attachments... i deleted them from the Download folder from the micro usb and they still pop up...

any ideas?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Even though the email came from a trusted source accounts do get hacked. My husband's got hacked a couple of months ago and it was used to send burst emails for male performance enhancement products. Not saying this is what happened in your case but you may want to make the person aware anyway so just so he or she knows. As for how to stop the recurring attachment, the only thing I can think of is to clear your email cache. Maybe someone else will have other ideas.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just another thought... Do you use any type of virus protection app like Lookout? You can get it from the Market for free. Couldn't hurt to download it if you don't already have it and run a scan. Again, it may not even be something malicious but if it is happening with that attachment only and it hasn't happened before that could very well be the case.

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback ... I will start by ensuring the E-mail is in fact deleted from my email account and then I will run a scan with lookout.. stay tuned for updates...

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it.... It keep Dow loading the same attachments only in PDF fortmat, all other emails with attachments such as pictures or videos on not download when requested by me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez