Question Cant copy converted music library to phone

noxor31013

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site
Ok, so this is very strange,
I have a Google pixel 7 running grapheneos, it only has 128g of memory. My music library has around 200g, so what I did was I used soundconverter (currently running ubuntu 23.04, installed from main repos) to convert my entire library to ~120kbps mp3s, resulting in a converted library of a little more then 30g.

So far so good. When i try to copy it to my phone, just using the file explorer, the transfer simply stops, so, thinking it was a fluke, i just deleted everything and tried again, with same results. So after doing that a couple of times I've noticed that it would always stop at the same folder, skipping that folder i could continue to copy it until it freezes again on another one!

What it seems to me is that the files somehow are corrupted, but i can listen to them just fine, i can copy them to a usb stick just fine, I can also copy the original flac file to the phone just fine, its some of the converted files that I just cant copy!!!

What on earth is happening here? Please help i dont know what else to do! (idk if i can share them here, let me know!)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! With the caveat that I have no experience with GrapheneOS or Ubuntu at all, I can say that the transfer of huge amounts of data over USB all at once can be unreliable. Have you tried breaking it into smaller chunks?

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
It sounds like there might be an issue with the converted files or the file system on your phone. Try using a different file explorer or connecting your phone to your computer using a different cable. You can also check the file format and ensure that the converted files are compatible with your phone's music player.

noxor31013

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! With the caveat that I have no experience with GrapheneOS or Ubuntu at all, I can say that the transfer of huge amounts of data over USB all at once can be unreliable. Have you tried breaking it into smaller chunks?
yes, the problems seems to be the file itself, I tried copying just 1 of the mp3s from this cursed folder and it crashes and hangs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For those specific files that don't copy, try uploading them to cloud storage instead (like Google Drive), then download it from there to the phone, and see if that works. It might be tedious, but if you can identify the problem files and there aren't too many of them, hopefully that would be an adequate solution.

Reactions: Laura Knotek