If You Knew Then What You Know Now,Would You Still Buy The EVO3D?

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Knowing what I know now about Sprint in my area I would've never grab that phone. Also with sprint moving their corporate stores out of our area made the situation even worse.. Needless to say I'm now with Verizon which has a great 3G 4G coverage in my area and I'm happy . The 3vo its self was a terrific device, They could have done better with the camera still. The two lenses are ugly.

Sent using speech to text
Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited:

blegeg

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: If You Knew Then What You Know Now,Would You Still Buy The EV

Probably not. I like my evo3d in a lot of ways, I just don't think if I could go back I would get it again. I might have waited for the Galaxy S II. Then again the S II might just be "grass is greener" symptoms as I hear the phones really are more comparable than not.

My only beefs are the battery life and the camera. Battery life I don't really think I can get much better anywhere else, but man I do know there are far better camera's out there so that irks me a bit. I don't use the 3d at all so the 3d camera bit doesn't help justify the weaker camera for me.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I probably would have waited for the Galaxy SII. I love my EVO 3D but I still sort of miss the screen on the EVO 4G. It was a bit easier to read for me. I keep thinking of getting a Galaxy now but I'm afraid to since I'm guessing a LTE phone is on the horizon. I've seen the Nexus and don't care for it as much. *is praying for a Galaxy SII LTE for Sprint*

anon(415574)

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Nope. I didn't realize how difficult getting an AOSP ROM on this thing would be, and thats all I REALLY want. I switched from the SGS2ET to this due to CM7 "being ready any moment now", and have been consistently disappointed by the trade offs of every rom out there.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

My 3D has worked like a champ since the day it launched...no I don't regret getting this phone.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site

Still love this phone. My next device will be HTC's first Sprint LTE phone :D

Ditto! The dual core on this phone made the speed difference for me. It's as fast as any of my friends' phones.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I love my evo3d - even though I couldn't care less about the gimmick. The phone itself is really quite good - nice and fast.

My next phone will be HTC's lte offering, I think. It will really depend on what's out in October - but I've had bad experiences with Samsung in the past that makes me a little gunshy when it comes to those. LG always treated me right, so that may be an option.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I think I would have preferred the GSII, but it wasn't out July 2011, and I had to get a new phone then, my last one was dead. That beind said, I don't have any regrets. My Evo has served me well. And it's about to get rooted and flashed, so it will be like a whole new phone again.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Managing a retail location that sells Sprint, Verizon, and ATT I have the opportunity to see and use a lot of equipment. I would absolutely buy the EVO 3D again. Don't get me wrong the S2 is a great Android phone. I personally am not a huge Apple fan because of the limitations in customizing it, I'm not fond of their closed-source politics, nor the way they conduct business (control freaks), in fact when 4S was released I sold a ton of them and, as expected, my Gross Profit Margins instantly dropped - Apple sets their pricing & they don't want anyone but themselves to profit to much. They also see the writing on the wall (flashback 1980's) & know that Android is progressing (open source) at a much quicker pace, their answer has been to Lawyer-Up, file suits (losing most so far), and try to slow down the competition that way, (as opposed to fostering a more developer friendly culture).

But I digress... over the last 2 years I have sold more HTC phones than anyother single manufacturer and with, by far, the fewest returns. The Qualcomm dual-core processor is a beast, capable of more than HTC's stock ROM demands. At my retail location, we except Trade-In's, HTC consistently has a higher trade-in value than any other Android, especially over Samsung. Samsung makes the best screens around (a significant amount of manufacturers use Samsung screens in their products) but the long-term quality of their devices does not hold up to HTC.

HTC's Sense takes a lot of memory and can be cumbersome but that's exactly why we root our devices than strip and customize the crap out of the software. The Hardware is still at the top of options available, so until the next huge technology shift, it's the EVO 3D 4ME, all day long baby.

I strongly disagree seeing I work in a trade-in industry myself Samsung phones seem to have better trade in values then over produced Htc phones. The Evo 3d dropped to 99 dollars a month or so after release at radio shack I never seen the galaxy s 2 drop so quick. I did love my first evil 4 g and 3 d. But none of those phones can ever help sprint weak 3g /4g service. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I strongly disagree seeing I work in a trade-in industry myself Samsung phones seem to have better trade in values then over produced Htc phones. The Evo 3d dropped to 99 dollars a month or so after release at radio shack I never seen the galaxy s 2 drop so quick. I did love my first evil 4 g and 3 d. But none of those phones can ever help sprint weak 3g /4g service. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Maybe the price dropped because the gs2 came out and the iPhone 4? It's hard to compete with 2 newer phones which are popular.

Tapatalked in 3d

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the price dropped because the gs2 came out and the iPhone 4? It's hard to compete with 2 newer phones which are popular.

Tapatalked in 3d

You're right. And the fact that the camera was absolutely horrible IMO I'm sorry I had that device for almost a whole year. And I had the 4g it was just Sprint and their bs signal in my area. :(

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Love my ƎVO. Even though my Pre was just over a year old It was due for a replacement. Glad I went Android. Great OS on a fast phone.
In hindsight I would have waited for the Galaxy Nexus, or EVO 4G LTE.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

No. This is my last non Nexus phone, Carrier branded phone. Which means I'll be on Sprint with this phone until they end unlimited data.

Reactions: BiGsMiLeSKyLe

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Vick, I truly enjoy my phone is awesome and at the time had the best specs on the block. I traded up from a pre to this and am very pleased so far. In regards to what Mackey said, I really wish HTC would make a nexus phone. Imho HTC build quality is way better than Samsung. My girl has the gs2 and it's a quick simple phone, but it sucks as a phone. I'll prob stick with sprint for a while so it's known that sprint Samsung phones suck at data speeds. the hand is quicker with the apps but I beat her all the time with getting things downloaded and getting navi. It sucks that HTC says they are going to get us an update early summer and now ics is coming in August, hence why I am looking to ditch all carrier and manufacturer's added stuff and just go pure Google

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk