Go Launcher EX latest version...

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
...is freaking awesome!! I don't even care about ICS until I change phones, this launcher is just incredible. Check out the latest version for all the new additions. Browsing photos/videos in the app drawer,very cool folder customization, unlimited customizations and some of the best widgets out there.

It's amazing what these devs can do and how much better GO is that Sense/Touchwiz/Blur.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
...is freaking awesome!! I don't even care about ICS until I change phones, this launcher is just incredible. Check out the latest version for all the new additions. Browsing photos/videos in the app drawer,very cool folder customization, unlimited customizations and some of the best widgets out there.

It's amazing what these devs can do and how much better GO is that Sense/Touchwiz/Blur.

I haven't use Go Launcher, but I've used a couple of Launchers in the past. They can be really cool, but it bothered me that even though I was running the launcher, Sense was still running in the background. It seems to slow things down and use more battery. Maybe it was just my imagination. but that's why I went back to sense

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't use Go Launcher, but I've used a couple of Launchers in the past. They can be really cool, but it bothered me that even though I was running the launcher, Sense was still running in the background. It seems to slow things down and use more battery. Maybe it was just my imagination. but that's why I went back to sense

I had that same issue. I use Home Manager to make Go Launcher the default and autokill Sense so that it never runs in the background.

Reactions: jean15paul and migs

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher was good, but I am now using Holo Launcher. It is basically and ICS clone, but is made for version 2.2 and above. It is so smooth on my EVO 3D with Gingerbread(Stock), and it looks and runs just like ICS. Go check it out on Google Play. You might even want to switch from Go Launcher EX. By the way, Holo Launcher is free.

Here is the link:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.mobint.hololauncher&token=rYx7LDOn

Reactions: gimme5#AC

migs

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had that same issue. I use Home Manager to make Go Launcher the default and autokill Sense so that it never runs in the background.

Thanks for sharing that tip about using Home Manager. I also prefer Go Launcher over Sense but was concerned about Sense still using system resources...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jjrausch

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used Go launcher EX on both my EVO 3D and EVO shift. On my new EVO LTE I can not get ride of the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen, the ones used to replace the menu button. Until they fix that I am useing nova launcher.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I loved go launcher ex but now it lags all the time when I scroll. And the screen always froze up so I would have to restart the phone constantly. So I quit using it until it gets fixed. It was good though.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Agent146

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Go launcher is great, I started using it after development on Launcher Pro Plus died. One thing I hope they change in GL is the home screen and folders using the same grid pattern. I usually use a 10x10 grid for my home screens,if I created a folder all the icons overlap(since it uses the same 10x10 pattern) making it a pain to use. That's my only complaint, everything else is flawless with it.

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing how simply installing a new skin overlay can bring so much life back to a phone. Can anyone tell me how to remove the two Home Manager notifications (Home Manager & Quick Switcher) that stay up in my notification bar? Is it possible to remove them?

Last edited:

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sense will always use memory because it needs to be there. It uses say 30 MB or so just by default. If you use the sense launcher it will go up to 80 in total. If you use a different launcher, sense will still be 30 but the other launcher will take up 40-60 MB instead

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch